Medela Lactina Select Breast Pump
  • Features I like include the ability to change the speed and suction separately on the pump, the pump can be used as a double pump or a single pump depending on your preference, it is not very noisy (especially when the suction is turned up higher), and it is a closed system pump (so if you wanted to buy it instead of rent it you would be able to safely sell it later and all the person would have to buy is the individual piston and tubing assembly)
  • Features I don't like are that it is a larger pump so it's not easily portable and it cannot be plugged into a car charger
  • My personal experience with this pump has been very positive
  • I am very happy with the fact that this pump is not as loud as I thought it would be, considering people are walking by my door all day
  • I would recommend that you rent this pump, unless you plan on using it through several children, considering this pump retails for over $1,000

• by lilladybird

I am currently renting the Medela Lactina Select breast pump to use at work. Features I like include the ability to change the speed and suction separately on the pump, the pump can be used as a double pump or a single pump depending on your preference, it is not very noisy (especially when the suction is turned up higher), and it is a closed system pump (so if you wanted to buy it instead of rent it you would be able to safely sell it later and all

the person would have to buy is the individual piston and tubing assembly). Features I don’t like are that it is a larger pump so it’s not easily portable and it cannot be plugged into a car charger.

My personal experience with this pump has been very positive. Since I only use it at work I don’t have to worry about it not being portable.

It seems to work very well at expressing milk and I am always able to get about 6-10 oz total in a session. I

am very happy with the fact that this pump is not as loud as I thought it would be, considering people are walking by my door all day.

This pump, as I stated before, is a closed system pump. This means that there isn’t any way for milk droplets to get into the motor of the pump so it is safe for multiple users (not at the same time of course).

There is a piston assembly that attaches to the motor, and that is what provides the suction. The ...

• Medela Lactina Select Breast Pump
      tubing is attached to the piston assembly and the other end attaches to the breast shields, valve, and bottle for catching the milk.

The piston assembly packet (each user will have to have their own) includes one cylinder, one pump connector, one piston, two tubes, two breast shields, two bottles with lids, two valves, 4 membranes, and one set of instructions. I found the instructions to be very easy to follow and it was not hard at all to get the assembly all connected and ready to use.

I

would recommend that you rent this pump, unless you plan on using it through several children, considering this pump retails for over $1,000. I am able to rent mine from my local health department free of charge.

They supply them to nursing mothers in the area in hopes of getting more mothers interested in the benefits of breastfeeding. I’ve always heard that Medela is the top name in breast pumps and after my experience with the Lactina Select I am a firm believer in that statement! I would recommend this pump to everybody!

Tonya Ryan says :

I used this breast pump in the hospital with my youngest child. It took too long to fill up the bottles plus it was too painful. I wouldn’t recommend this thing to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5426101594160731/k2311a1026/10.26.12