Specsavers Opticians
40 Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2HA
  • My daughter’s appointment booked and sorted, I tentatively mentioned that I thought I might need a test and described how print on the television screen was harder to make out, over the last couple of months
  • Without further ado I was given the appointment following my daughters, at a very convenient time for both of us
  • At the same time it was easy to see that the staff all get along very well and work as a team to provide the best service possible, a true pleasure to experience

• by Liz Milne

It was that time of year, the reminder for my daughters annual eye-check had plopped through the letterbox. This brought to a head the realisation that my sore and itchy eyes, general headachiness and grumpiness after long hours in front of the screen may be due to my short-sightedness worsening. Accordingly, as I hate phones, I went to the Specsavers website - specsavers.co.uk - and clicked on the link to book an appointment. I booked the appointment for my daughter as there is no option for a joint booking, and entered all the details as requested. The promise is a call back within a day or two, but a beautifully spoken polite

lady rang me within half-an-hour. Obviously reading the information I had input into the system she asked for me not my daughter; when companies call to speak to children because they have not paid attention to a date of birth it is a small thing, but something that irritates me!

My daughter’s appointment booked and sorted, I tentatively mentioned that I thought I might need a test and described how print on the television screen was harder to make out, over the last couple of months. Without further ado I was given the appointment following my daughters, at a very convenient time for both of us.

Upon entering the store

a young gentleman greeted us professionally, friendly but not effusive and guided us to the waiting area for the test. We had the ‘pre-test’ together and both went through to the optician’s examining room together, alleviating any worries I may have had about leaving my daughter unattended in the reception area (which is frowned upon anyway, according to a discreet notice on the wall). Both my daughter and I required glasses, mine as suspected due to a worsening of my short-sightedness, my daughter’s first pair a mild prescription to prevent any future eye problems.

Whisked downstairs we were shown a lovely range of children’s and teenager’s glasses frames and my daughter was ...

• Specsavers Opticians
      delighted with a funky purple pair. Mine, as an old hand, took about one minute to choose, and absolutely no pressure was applied to add on extra services. The extras were explained and offered, but in a very casual ‘for-your-interest’ kind of way, exactly the right blend of offer without push to buy. While the store was busy the entire time we were in there, no-one had to wait for more than a couple of minutes before being attended to and all the staff were pleasant, polite and professional. At the same time it was easy to see that the staff all get along very well and work as a team to
      provide the best service possible, a true pleasure to experience.

Collecting our glasses a couple of days later - by our choice, they could have been ready the same day if so desired - the greeter was different, a young lady; but the standards of service of were the same high quality.

Before trying out Specsavers our family had been using one of the big supermarkets’ opticians, who were offering a free eye-test. Having now tried Specsavers and paid £10.00 (half-price, thanks to a current promotion!) for the eye-test, I would not change back - Specsavers superlative staff offer a wonderful service that I will not hesitate to recommend to friends, family and even strangers on the street!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426101594150731/k2311a1026/10.26.12