Ses Fontanellas Plaza, San Antonio, Ibiza
San Antonio, Ibiza, Spain
  • I sincerely hope this is something they seriously consider in the future
  • Besides those few complaints, we enjoyed our overall stay at the Ses Fontanellas Plaza in Ibiza

• by EJ

I recently visited Spain on a summer holiday with four friends, and our first stop was Ibiza for five days of partying and sunshine. We booked a six-sleeper self-catering apartment at the Ses Fontanellas Plaza in San Antonio Bay through the RCI program. The hotel is roughly a 20 minute drive from the airport by taxi. On a side note, you should be aware that the taxis in Spain carry a maximum of four passengers. Because we were a group of five, we were forced to use two taxis at a time, which basically doubled the fare.

The Ses Fontanellas Plaza is well maintained and is conveniently situated in walking distance of various bars, restaurants,

supermarkets, and entertainment centers. However, the famous Ibiza nightclubs (such as Pacha and Privilege) are scattered around the island, so taxis will be necessary if you are going clubbing. Also, the Ses Fontanellas Plaza is located on the San Antonio Bay coastline, which guarantees breathtaking views if you are lucky enough to get a sea-facing room.

The staff at the reception area are fairly helpful and pleasant, but by no means friendly. When checking in, we were informed that we had to pay a non-refundable utilities fee of 30 Euros, despite having paid the full amount for the accommodation in advance through RCI. I understand that it’s not a substantial amount, but we should have

been informed about this additional charge beforehand. We were given a three bedroom sea-facing apartment with a private balcony overlooking the pool and bar area and an unobstructed view of the San Antonio Bay coastline. I cannot stress enough how beautiful the view is, especially at sunset. Having sad that, I did have a few complaints about the apartment.

The lack of air conditioning is rather surprising given the hot and humid climate in the summer months. The ceiling fans are okay at night, when its a little cooler, but they are as useless as ice to an Eskimo during the day. As if the apartment was not hot enough already, both bathrooms are fitted ...

• Ses Fontanellas Plaza, San Antonio, Ibiza
      with water heaters mounted to the wall beside the sink, which essentially turn the bathrooms into saunas. I was sweating the second I stepped out of the shower. And good luck using the toilet. You’ll be dripping with perspiration in no time. These problems can be easily sorted out through the use of central air conditioning and by mounting the water heaters on the balcony instead of inside the bathrooms. I sincerely hope this is something they seriously consider in the future. Also, the furniture could use an upgrade. The couches in the living room were basically worn out through repeated use over the years. One couch even had a hole in the base! Its
      a small complaint, but it does lower the overall image of the hotel.

The hotel does provide free Wi-Fi access, but the speed is so slow that you’ll be lucky if you can get a simple web page to load. I guess there were just too many people logged in at the same time. However, there are computers in the reception area for residents to use, at a small fee of course.

Besides those few complaints, we enjoyed our overall stay at the Ses Fontanellas Plaza in Ibiza. The island itself is beautiful during the summer months, with thousands of people flocking in from every part of the world to party and relax. I would definitely recommend a visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 226101594140731/k2311a1026/10.26.12