Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • At the time of purchase, I paid 30 dollars for it
  • One minor flaw with the handle, in my opinion, is the lack of a grip cover
  • I use this thing often and I really love the ease at which I'm able to clean the filter
  • It makes a relatively soft breezing sound during use, which is impressive when you consider it's performance ability
  • I only see this as a minor issue, but I want to make note of all issues that I've experienced with it

• by Jules Li

I purchased the Hoover S1120 to use as a smaller alternative to my larger vacuum. I use this particularly to vacuum in those tight areas that are difficult to reach using a regular model. Hoover is one of the most popular names for vacuums, and the S1120 certainly continues the tradition. For anyone that’s interested, I purchased it from Lowe’s a few months ago. At the time of purchase, I paid 30 dollars for it.

I love it’s design. It’s constructed with a hook shaped handle, which is a huge plus during usage. It’s 11 inches long and 4 inches wide. The on/off switch is ideally located within reach of the thumb

area. One minor flaw with the handle, in my opinion, is the lack of a grip cover. The handle is made using smooth plastic and the hook is open, which can cause it to slip out of your hand if it’s not held tightly.

The suction force is amazing! I use it mostly on really thick carpet, and it does an awesome job. I use it often to clean carpet spills, and it dries it up within seconds.

The collection cup detaches completely for easy cleaning. The collector release latch is easy to press. I’ve used many others that require more tussling, so I see this as a huge plus. One tip that I would give is to keep it cleaned often. This is of course the case with any vacuum, but due to the design of the collection cup, it can be difficult to remove if it’s stuffed with dirt. The cup is designed to fold back at an angle, and the internal air filter tends to get in the way if it’s filled entirely with dirt.

I use this thing often and I really love the ease at which I’m able to clean the filter. The filter is attached directly to the separator frame in the suction cup. The separator frame has to be removed entirely to clean the filter. I was too familiar with this concept initially, so I wasn’t too sure about ...

• Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
      how to remove it at first.

The Hoover S1120 is actually a lot quieter than similar models that I’ve used. It makes a relatively soft breezing sound during use, which is impressive when you consider it’s performance ability. The factory included battery is a 7.2 volt. In terms of battery performance, I would say that it’s up to par with other similar vacuums that I’ve used. I tend to get about an hour of operating time out of the battery before it has to be re-charged. To me it seems like it’s performance is directly correlated to it’s battery level. Within the first 30 or so minutes of operation, there is significant power, but at the lower battery

levels, the performance starts to drop a bit.

I also want to mention another slight flaw that I’ve noticed with the suction cup. Immediately after you’re done vacuuming, the suction cup takes a few seconds before it actually deposits the dirt fully into the collection cup. Sometimes if you hold it vertically after use, you’ll notice that some dirt may fall out of the nozzle. I only see this as a minor issue, but I want to make note of all issues that I’ve experienced with it.

This is an awesomely cheap vacuum that performs very well! I considered many options when I purchased it, but I’m glad I chose this one. I give it two thumbs up. I highly recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324101593930731/k2311a1024/10.24.12