Black & Decker CM1050B Coffeemaker
  • I like it's because it's small, and it doesn't take up much counter space
  • This is awesome in my opinion, because I'm always irritated by excess cords, especially for appliances that are used on the counter
  • This is not a significant issue, because once you set the cord initially, you won't have to adjust it any more
  • With this particular model, I've noticed that if you let it go uncleaned, even for a few uses, it takes a lot longer for the brewing to take place
  • I ordered it from Amazon and I paid 30 dollars for it

• by Jules Li

I don’t drink a lot of coffee, but I purchased this Black & Decker a few months ago to use for the rare occasions when I do. I also use it to make coffee for others that may come over. As with all Black & Decker products that I’ve used, it’s well built. It’s 14 inches tall and 8 inches wide. I like it’s because it’s small, and it doesn’t take up much counter space.

This was actually my first coffeemaker, and I like it because it’s easy to operate. One of the most fascinating features that I like about it is the flexible power cord. You can increase and decrease the length of the power cord by pulling

it. This is awesome in my opinion, because I’m always irritated by excess cords, especially for appliances that are used on the counter. On slight complaint that I have about the power cord itself is that it doesn’t retract well. I don’t know if this is the intended process, but you have to repeatedly pull and push the cord in to get it to retract. This is not a significant issue, because once you set the cord initially, you won’t have to adjust it any more.

The entire filter basket is remove-able. It’s an awesome addition because it makes cleaning it simple and easy. The CM1050B has an automatic cleaning cycle. I use the automatic cleaning often and

it takes about 45 minutes to complete. The cleaning time is a bit long, but I usually clean it when it’s not in use. When the automatic cleaning cycle is activated it goes through a process that’s similar to brewing. It cleans all parts including the showerhead, water filtration and reservoir. One tip that I would give you is to keep it cleaned often. With this particular model, I’ve noticed that if you let it go uncleaned, even for a few uses, it takes a lot longer for the brewing to take place.

The CM1050B is advertised for it’s onetouch programming, which is correct, but there is one small caveat. Once you press the programming button, you have to ...

• Black & Decker CM1050B Coffeemaker
      enter the time settings as well, which requires you to press additonal buttons.

It makes some of the best coffee you’ll ever taste! The reservoir is 12 cups, which I believe should be sufficient enough for anyone. Adjustable brew strength button allows you brew it perfectly to your taste. The added carbon water filtration system enhances the taste a great deal as well. The filter is made out nylon-like material. It’s very durable and it’s dishwasher safe as well, which is a plus. One tip that I would give relating to the filter holder is to press it into place until it clamps. It has a tendency to appear as if it’s closed, when it actually isn’t.

I can say from experience that this can leave you with grainy coffee.

Overall, there aren’t many defects that I’ve noticed it, but I do want to mention a slight downside that I’ve noticed with the clock. I don’t use the clock for time because I’ve noticed that it tends to constantly re-set. The display can blink when this happens. I’m not sure of exactly what may cause this, but my guess is that it may be an interruption in the power supply.

I would definitely recommend it to anybody! I ordered it from Amazon and I paid 30 dollars for it. I certainly feel like it’s worth a whole lot more. You should certainly give it a look!

Laura says :

re : This is awesome in my opinion, because I’m always irritated by excess cords, especially for appliances that are used on the counter
I’ve been pretty content with this coffee maker solely on the fact that it is completely wireless and my counter doesn’t look like a construction site. I was impressed with the newer and easier buttons on it. I believe Amazon is selling them for 30$ but I bought mine at Wal-Mart for a bit more expensive. If I would’ve known that Amazon was selling this 30 bucks cheaper, I would’ve ordered it online.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323101593890831/k2311a1023/10.23.12