George Foreman GGR50B Grill  » Housewares  »
  • I believe it's awesome to be able to use the same grill indoors and outdoors
  • It cost me 75 dollars when I purchased it, which was about five months ago
  • I would definitely recommend it to anyone that's considering it

• by Jules Li

George Foreman grills have become very popular within recent years. I have listened to a great deal of reviews from others that have used them, but the GGR50B is actually the first one that I used. This particular model is designed to work both indoors and outdoors. I believe it’s awesome to be able to use the same grill indoors and outdoors. This was the most important aspect for me personally. It cost me 75 dollars when I purchased it, which was about five months ago. I’ve used it quite a bit, and I feel like it was certainly deserving of the price.

When you take it out of the box, there are a few things that you have to assemble. The grill rake and grease tray have to be connected to the pedestal base. The parts are connected to the base using spring

loaded mechanisms, which eliminates the need for any tools, which is a convenience. Overall, it takes about 10 minutes to get everything set up, which is a plus. With this model the grease tray is located beneath the grill rack. Whenever you need to empty the grease tray you have to remove the rack as well. I believe there should be a way to remove the grease tray by simply sliding it out, as with other models, but I don’t see this as a significant concern.

You may wonder how you’re able to convert it over for indoor usage due to the base pedestal. This is where the spring mechanisms come into place. You detach the top pedestal, and this gives you the ability to set it on a counter, or other surface. Overall the Grill weighs 25 pounds, but the individual grill top is very weighty ...

• alone, so this can make converting it back and forth a task.

In terms of quality, it certainly lives up to it’s name. This is an electric version. The temperature control probe is attached directly to the cooking surface to adjust the heat setting. The knob is circle and I have always prefered this design over the slide version, because adjustments are quicker and easier. It is detachable, which makes cleaning the surface much less of a hassle.

As with all George Foreman grills, the cooking surface is one of the most remarkable aspects. It’s a 240 square inch cooking surface, which is sufficient enough for me. It heats up quickly, and while cooking, it holds the heat well. The ability to maintain heat not only helps to cook faster, it also helps to thoroughly drain grease. It cooks certain meats entirely within about 15 minutes. Chicken takes about 10-15 minutes, but thicker meats

can take longer. It certainly cooks some of the juiciest chicken that I’ve tasted. I relish the fact that the cook surface is non-stick. It cleans easily, and unlike others that I’ve used there’s no grim build up, even after using it several times.

Another small facet of information that I want to mention are the included recipes. I usually don’t bother with recipes that are included with appliances, but I was glad to see that the GGR50B included some relatively good ones. It includes recipes for grilled vegetables, chicken breasts and grilled vegetables. However, I would certainly suggest using the Foreman’s Power burger recipe. The recipe includes breads crumbs and vegetables, and it creates a tasty burger than anybody can enjoy.

I don’t believe you can expect a much better grill. Overall, I have to say that it lives up to it’s name. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that’s considering it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322101593810831/k2311a1022/10.22.12