Nokia Lumia 710 cell phone
  • I love it's trendy look, it's very sleek and eye-catching
  • I like it because it's fairly responsive, and you don't have to swipe it several times, which isn't the case with others that I've experienced
  • I don't see this as a significant issue because it's rarely loses signal, which is due to it's excellent overall reception
  • I have had to deal with lost data before on other phones, so I believe this is a great addition
  • If you run into this issue, I would recommend giving it a try

• by Jules Li

After having issues with my Iphone, I settled on the Lumia 710 as a cheaper alternative. Nokia is not well known for smartphones, but this device is certainly up to par with some of the more well known smartphones on the market. For starters, I want to mention the price information for anyone that may be interested. It’s priced around 200 dollars, and of course the price may vary depending on where you buy it from.

It’s very stylish! I love it’s trendy look, it’s very sleek and eye-catching. The overall device is 4.7 inches in length. It took some adjustment for me to get accustomed to the size.

The 710 has a 7.4 GHz processor.

My previous Iphone had a 1.3 Ghz processor, and there’s a noticeable increase in processing speed with the Lumia. Windows 7.5 is the operating system that comes pre-installed. I’ve never been a huge fan of Windows mobile operating system, mainly due to it’s slow performance, but 7.5 seems to be a lot more efficient. Applications respond immediately without delay, which wasn’t the case in the past with Windows 6.

The camera is truly amazing! It’s five megapixels. The camera comes with auto focus enabled. Pictures adjust to many different lighting conditions without having to adjust the settings. Like the Iphone, it does have the swipe feature to unlock the screen. I like

it because it’s fairly responsive, and you don’t have to swipe it several times, which isn’t the case with others that I’ve experienced.

Overall, it gets a fairly good reception. There’s one thing in particular that I want to mention that’s related to the reception and antenna. The integrated antenna is built into the top right of the device. Sometimes when you cover this area you’ll notice a slight change in signal. I tend to always get about 3-4 bars, but when it’s held in the top area it’s sometimes reduced to 2-3 bars. I don’t see this as a significant issue because it’s rarely loses signal, which is due to it’s excellent overall reception.

One of ...

• Nokia Lumia 710 cell phone
      the practicable features is the Cloud Storage. This feature provides access to the Microsoft servers to backup your data. I have had to deal with lost data before on other phones, so I believe this is a great addition. You get 25 GB of free data, which is a lot more than I personally need.

I really like the 3.7 inch touchscreen. It’s not the largest screen, but excluding the size, it’s a top tier screen. I don’t know if this is a known issue, but when I first received the Lumia, the screen seemed to be a bit over-sensitive. It seemed to respond to the slightest swipes that were unintended. I was able

to rectify this issue be adjusting the sensitivity settings within the touch screen menu. If you run into this issue, I would recommend giving it a try.

The Windows 7.5 mobile software syncs up very well with Windows 7. I have yet to test it on any other operating systems besides Windows 7. Windows does pick up the device as an external drive, but Nokia Ovi Suite is also included to sync files and documents between your PC and the phone.

After using it for about three months, I have not experienced any problems with it. Compared to others on the market today, it’s moderately priced, and it works just as well. I would certainly recoomend it to anybody!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3722101593780831/k2311a1022/10.22.12