The Scorch Trials by James Dashner book
  • My favourite part of The Scorch Trials was when the three Cranks with guns entered the story
  • I found that part of the book the most suspenseful and I could not put the book down if I tried
  • Another bit of the book I enjoyed reading, was when Teresa and Aris appeared to have teamed up
  • The decisions Thomas makes are not always the smartest, in my opinion, but I feel as though it adds to his personality
  • If anybody was to ask me to recommend a book, it would be The Scorch Trials

• by livvvy75

The Scorch Trials is the second book in the Maze Runner series. Even though Thomas and some other Gladers managed to solve the maze, they are still not finished. Escaping the maze showed the real world, which had been changed into a harsh environment. A new disease now spreads across the world known as the Flare and drives it’s victims (the Cranks) to insanity. The Gladers have the task of finding a cure to the Flare forced upon them by WICKED and they only have two weeks to journey to a safe haven. WICKED is not done with them and makes sure to make their quest as hard as possible.

This paragraph contains spoilers. My

favourite part of The Scorch Trials was when the three Cranks with guns entered the story. I found that part of the book the most suspenseful and I could not put the book down if I tried. I had lots of favourite parts, there were not many (if any!) sections of The Scorch Trials I did not like. Another bit of the book I enjoyed reading, was when Teresa and Aris appeared to have teamed up. Once again, I could not stop reading and I was really wondering whether Teresa was genuinely feeling that way or if she was just acting.

The main character of The Scorch Trials is Thomas. In this book, his last name still remains unknown but some sections of his past are revealed. I wish I knew more about Thomas because I am very intrigued about his past and relationship with WICKED. The decisions Thomas makes are not always the smartest, in my opinion, but I feel as though it adds to his personality. My favourite character in The Scorch Trials is Minho because I find him very funny. I found myself laughing at some of the remarks he made. I like Minho a lot more in this book, than I did it’s prequel, because Minho becomes more humorous.

The Scorch Trials is a young adult, fiction novel. It is a dystopian, science fiction book.

• The Scorch Trials by James Dashner book
      The Scorch Trials was written by James Dashner and in my opinion, is very well written. Even though there is still use of made up slang, I was already used to it and instead of being irritating, the slang made the story seem more real and unique. There are no illustrations but the cover page really captures how the Earth is described as in the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Scorch Trials. It is the best out of the two books in The Maze Runner trilogy that I have read so far. I literally can not find fault with it and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I

spent reading it. There are so many more twists than there were in the first one and the monsters were just as scary. I also loved the addition of Cranks, the Flare and Thomas’s flashbacks to the story. The Scorch Trials are leaving me with very high expectations for it’s sequel, The Death Cure.

I would really recommend this book to young adults and adults alike. It is such a good book which I finished within days of starting that will really make The Death Cure very hard to live up to. People who like dystopian books will find themselves enjoying this book. If anybody was to ask me to recommend a book, it would be The Scorch Trials.

Andrew Leither says :

The book sounds very exciting and I watched some of the Scorch Trials movie at the time but could not finish it as I did not have enough data etc I watch a lot of movies and television series on the internet and even to read the book sounds convincing positive and fun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1722101593770831/k2311a1022/10.22.12