Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course  » Education  »
  • I looked at the website and was disappointed to see that it costs about $300
  • So I ordered the course and when it arrived I was very impressed based on first impression
  • One of the best things about this course is that it comes with Jam Along CD's which play the songs along with you in several different tempos so that you can play at a beginner, intermediate, and advanced speed
  • My only problem with this course is that it has a session for blues and jazz style playing but doesn't have any other lessons for different styles
  • I would recommend this product to any beginner guitar because it is the most complete guide to the fundamentals every guitar player should know

• by KelseyHawkins11

Recently I have become interested in learning how to play the guitar. As a beginner I was looking for some sort of course that would teach me the basic skills so that I could master the fundamental skills of guitar playing. I heard great praise for the Legacy Learn and Master Series for Guitar.

I looked at the website and was disappointed to see that it costs about $300. Now I don’t have that kind of money to just throw around on learning guitar; however, I saw that there was a sale for half off and I figured that this would be a more reasonable price since I really do want to learn the guitar.

So I ordered the course and when it arrived I was very impressed based on first impression. The course contains a book so you can see the music and concepts written out.

It also contains 20 DVD’s. There are a total of twenty sessions per DVD.

Then there are bonus workshops along with each session. The course instructor, Steve Krenz, is very straightforward in the lessons.

He first goes over the concepts with you then he plays through some of the exercises with you. Then he offers up some guitar tips and then you get to a part in the lesson called the workshop.

Here you go over every exercise ...

• book. One of the best things about this course is that it comes with Jam Along CD’s which play the songs along with you in several different tempos so that you can play at a beginner, intermediate, and advanced speed.

I find this aspect to be very helpful for beginners to get used to playing steady rhythms. Also helpful is the student support forum that you can get access totalk to others going through the sessions and get advice from Steve himself frequently posts messages and responses.

My only problem with this course is that it has a session for blues and jazz style playing but doesn’t have any other lessons for

different styles. I would have like to see an introduction for other styles as well such as rock or folk even just to experience all types of playing.

Overall I thought that the course was a complete guide to the basics of playing the guitar. It even taught some basic music theory which is helpful as you become a more intermediate guitar player.

Also a bonus to the course is that you don’t have to pay every week for lessons or even leave the comfort of your own home. I would recommend this product to any beginner guitar because it is the most complete guide to the fundamentals every guitar player should know.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5022101593760831/k2311a1022/10.22.12