Philips AJL750 Kitchen Clock Radio/TV  » Electronics  »
  • Due to the design of my kitchen, I thought it was best to mount it underneath the counter,but of course you can mount it anywhere
  • It's approximately 5 feet in length, so you should consider this when choosing a location
  • A few well placed features that I like are dynamic bass boost and the stereo audio
  • If you're looking for a small TV for your kitchen, I would certainly recommend giving the Philips AJL750 a look
  • I paid 120 dollars for it which I believe was a reasonable price

• by Jules Li

I was browsing for a TV to provide entertainment to my kitchen when I cam across this. I settled on this mainly because it’s a TV and a radio built into one device. I was really drawn in by it’s concept and it’s been great addition to my kitchen. I purchased the Philips AJL750 through Amazon, and I’ve been proudly using it for about three months.

I want to first describe it’s concept for someone that may not be familiar with it. This is a mount-able radio that’s designed to be mounted into place. It has a fold down TV with a digital clock. Due to the design of my kitchen, I thought it was best to mount it underneath the counter,but of course you can mount it anywhere. When someone says that something has to be mounted

into place it may sound difficult, but the process is relatively easy, considering you know how to operate a drill. The package include four brackets, and several screws to mount it into place. It took me about 10 minutes to complete, and it was a lot easier than I expected. One thing that you should keep in mind during the installation is that it’s powered by an AC/DC adapter. It’s approximately 5 feet in length, so you should consider this when choosing a location. It’s also a good idea to place it close to a window for optimum TV and radio reception.

Overall, the radio reception works well. Has an FM tuning range of 87.5-108 mhz. I was glad to find out that all radio stations come pre-programmed. This eliminates the hassle of manually adding them. The speakers ...

• are only two inches, but they sound like they’re a lot bigger. A few well placed features that I like are dynamic bass boost and the stereo audio. The dynamic bass boost can be enabled an disabled using the remote button. The additional bass sound good when you’re listening to the radio, but it tends to create a somewhat distorted sound when watching TV.

The LCD is a decent 7 inches, which is perfect, at least for my kitchen area. It’s very clear and bright. I have a lot of windows in my kitchen and I like it because it shows up well, even with a ton of sunlight. It comes with a built in ATSC tuner, which allows you to watch over the air channels. It comes with a telescopic antenna, and it picks up all

the local channels in my area without any issues. The video is transmitted clearly, and I rarely have issues with distorted video.

Besides the main aspects, there are many additional features that I like about it. It comes with a built in timer. The timer has an alarm mechanism as well and you’re able to set it from 1 minute to 10 hours. I really like the magnetic remote that’s included. It provides the convenience of being able to simply stick it to my refrigerator, which is wonderful.

If you’re looking for a small TV for your kitchen, I would certainly recommend giving the Philips AJL750 a look! I paid 120 dollars for it which I believe was a reasonable price. I have not had any significant issues with it and I would certainly suggest it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622101593750831/k2311a1022/10.22.12