Makita UC120DWD Electric Cordless Chain Saw  » Housewares  »
  • I want to first provide some consumer information on this thing first because I believe that's important
  • I noticed that it's available through many merchants, so it's not hard to find
  • I would have liked it to be cheaper, but I'm glad I bought it

• by Jules Li

As someone that has a ton of trees in my yard, I have to say that this thing certainly comes in handy. It provides the luxury of being able to cut limbs and shrubs without the hassle that’s involved with traditional chain saws. I want to first provide some consumer information on this thing first because I believe that’s important. I purchased it online through Amazon.com. I noticed that it’s available through many merchants, so it’s not hard to find. I paid 220 dollars for it. I would have liked it to be cheaper, but I’m

glad I bought it.

What was so compelling to me about this Makita Chain Saw is it’s compact size. It’s very user-friendly overall. It’s so light weight that you can easily operate it with one hand. I’ve never used a regular chain saw before, and I have not problems using it. The chain is 4.5 inches long. It’s certainly not large enough to cut a mature oak tree, but it’s sufficient enough to cut most small limbs and brushes. This is not a conventional saw, but it cuts as well as most others that I’ve seen in action. It has 2.5 amps, which may not sound like a lot, but it gets the job done. During cutting it relatively smooth. The chain systematically cuts through trees without much resistance.

The chain is high quality, and very durable. The chain includes a steel mechanism at the tip for safety. I believe it’s an awesome addition because safety is always important. When it comes to safety I would give it an A+ overall. In addition to the chain safety mechanism there’s also a brake stop mechanism for the chain. You can immediaitely stop the chain ...

• Makita UC120DWD Electric Cordless Chain Saw
      during use, which I believe is invaluable. It also has a safety lock which prevents the chain from being initiated.

It has a circular, slim handle. It works perfectly to secure your hand during use. It comes with a 12 Volt Ni-MH battery. The battery is more efficient than I expected. The battery life varies of course depending on the type of work that I’m doing, but on average I get about an hour of operating time. Due in part to the fact that it’s battery operated, you don’t have to do a lot to maintain it.

As long as you keep it oiled you’re fine. I should mention that it comes with a supply of oil as well, but of course you’ll have to purchase more when it runs out.

If you’re looking for an effective, reliable chain saw to keep your trees trimmed, I would suggest giving it a look. I’m very pleased with it, and I’m glad I bought it. I don’t have any complaints whatsoever about it. I could probably complain about the price, but I’m not going to do so because I believe it’s worth it. I give it two thumbs up!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5316101593330731/k2311a1016/10.16.12