Linksys E1200 Wireless N Router
  • I want to also mention that I noticed an interference issue between my microwave and my router after the setup was complete
  • It seemed as if the default channel settings on the router caused this interference, and I was able to resolve the problem by adjusting the channel via the router menu
  • After changing the channel to 6, I have yet to experience further issues
  • The signal strength for the E1200 is amazing
  • If you're in the market for a wireless router, or if you're looking to upgrade, I would highly recommend the Linksys E1200

• by Jules Li

Linksys has become synonymous for routers, and for very good reason. I’ve owned many Linksys items, and I’ve always been pleased with their quality. I’m able to say the same for this one and it’s even better than I expected. I was looking to upgrade from my previous router, and I chose this one. I’m glad I decided to purchase it.

The setup couldn’t be easier! It comes with a disc with includes the Cisco connect software which has to be installed to program the router. It took me approximately 10

minutes to complete the setup fully. I want to also mention that I noticed an interference issue between my microwave and my router after the setup was complete. When my microwave was turned on it would completely disconnect my internet connection. It seemed as if the default channel settings on the router caused this interference, and I was able to resolve the problem by adjusting the channel via the router menu. After changing the channel to 6, I have yet to experience further issues. You’re probably unlikely to experience this issue
      because it may depend entirely on the type of microwave that you have.

The E1200 is far from lacking in terms of speed! I have my desktop and two laptops connected, but there is no lack of efficiency in terms of the transfer rate. The transfer rate is 300 mbps which is enough to sufficiently support multiple devices. I have my desktop connected via ethernet, and the laptops connected via wifi. It has a total of 4 ethernet ports so it’s capable of supporting up to four desktops, and an unlimited amount of ...

• Linksys E1200 Wireless N Router
      wireless devices.

The signal strength for the E1200 is amazing! I love it because I’m consistently getting 5/5 bars for signal throughout my house and even in areas on the outside. With my previous router I would be happy to get about 2-3 bars of signal, which is why I believe the E1200 is so impressive.

As with most wi-fi routers there are numerous security settings relating to WPA and WPA2, but I’m impressed with the ability to adjust the parental settings using Cisco connect. This gives you the ability to disallow certain websites, and

it also gives you the ability to restrict the internet time to certain times, for certain users. This may seem like a small caveat but I was really intrigued by this because the internet has unlimited data, and I believe it’s important to have some restrictions for kids.

Overall, I believe it’s terrific! I paid 44 dollars for it, which probably shouldn’t be considered cheap, but I feel like I received what I paid for. If you’re in the market for a wireless router, or if you’re looking to upgrade, I would highly recommend the Linksys E1200!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3315101593271031/k2311a1015/10.15.12