Ryobi P501 Circular Saw
  • Ryobi is not a popular brand that's closely associated with hand tools, but I've used a few, and I've been relatively impressed with the quality and performance of their tools
  • I already had a battery and charger that was compatible so I thought this option was sufficient
  • Although I have not had to replace the blade, I love it's quick swap capability
  • Operating noise is not much of a problem for me, but this should be helpful for someone that's working in a noise prohibited area
  • In my opinion, it provides everything that you need in a Saw

• by Jules Li

Ryobi is not a popular brand that’s closely associated with hand tools, but I’ve used a few, and I’ve been relatively impressed with the quality and performance of their tools. I wanted to purchase a new circular saw to replace a few rotting sub-floors, and I felt like it was only right to turn to Ryobi to make the purchase.

I found the Ryobi P501 on Amazon.com along with several other options, but I of course decided to go with this one. I only paid 20 dollars for it, which to me is a huge bargain. You should also know that the battery and charger are not included. I already had a battery and charger that was

compatible so I thought this option was sufficient. I’m extremely proud of the price because I’ve paid a lot more for others that don’t come anywhere near it’s performance. I purchased it about a year ago and I’m very satisfied with the purchase. I don’t believe you can go wrong it because it’s relatively cheap, and it’s exemplary in terms of functionality, and usability.

When it comes to getting the job done, I don’t believe you can ask for a much better Saw. It works wonders for cutting. When you look at the P501 overall, you’ll notice that it’s fairly small, at least when compared to others. You shouldn’t let the size deceive you because it’s both effective and efficient.

The first time I used it was to cut through tough 3/4 inch wood, and it’s performance was impeccable. It splices through wood without any hesitation whatsoever. I was actually quite surprised. It has 18 volts which is more than enough for the tasks that I use it for.

I love it’s precision! The blade is easy to guide due to it’s size and acuteness. It has a 5.5 inch blade. This blade’s sustainability is truly remarkable. It’s very durable and it holds up well. I’ve used it often for the year that I’ve owned it, and I have not had to replace or sharpen the blade so far. With the other versions that I’ve used, I ...

• Ryobi P501 Circular Saw
      would have had to do so about once or twice by now. The blades that were included have carbide tips, which is unlike most others that I’ve used. This adds a certain toughness to the blade, which helps to extend it’s life. Although I have not had to replace the blade, I love it’s quick swap capability. With a slide of the left spindle the blade locks and unlocks.

It operates smoothly without much noise. Operating noise is not much of a problem for me, but this should be helpful for someone that’s working in a noise prohibited area. Another thing that I relish about this particular saw is the design of the handle. The handle is well-fixed onto the

base in a way that makes operating it a lot easier. It has an ergonomic design which eliminates the need to have to bend your arms as much. Overall, I believe it’s very user friendly. The blade adjuster is located at the front of the saw, which I believe is a perfect location. There are measurements on the adjuster which adds the ability to accurately set it to the proper length. It’s simply twists to lock and adjust, so the blade adjusts in almost no time.

Altogether, I would say that it’s both reliable and sustainable. In my opinion, it provides everything that you need in a Saw! It’s well worth the price and more. Two thumbs up, I highly recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315101593261031/k2311a1015/10.15.12