Dragon Speak Voice Recognition Software  » Software  »
  • I found that Dragon Speak 11 is a resource hog on my computer which is three years old
  • I think this program is better than nothing, if you have trouble with your hands and need to do a lot of typing

• by Rhartma

I am reviewing Dragon Speak 11,a computer voice recognition software. It is comparable to Windows 7 speech recognition for my voice and Window 7 is free. I found that Dragon Speak 11 is a resource hog on my computer which is three years old.

If I was using the software in an extremely quiet area, it worked very well. If I used it with the heater or fish tank pump running, the accuracy rate went way down.

I found

I had to go back and correct a lot of crazy mistakes. Sometimes the program sits for a long time, trying to decide what was said.

While the product is advertised as being able to work faster than typing, my typing is much faster than this program. The auto punctuation is a nice feature.

It is hard to get it to correct spellings of unusual words. The prompts pop up trying to force it into what it thinks I am ...

• saying.

There are so many features that I did not use. It was confusing to try and remember all the shortcuts.

There is a help feature, but I found it was in the way most of the time, when I was working. The help feature is awkward at best.

That being said, it is nice to have voice recognition software like Dragon Speak. I just think that this program needs work.

I can speak into my cell phone with voice

recognition software and it will accurately type, even in the loudest of situations. The setup is long and requires a lot of reading aloud.

I think this program is better than nothing, if you have trouble with your hands and need to do a lot of typing. I just think this company can do better than it is offering for the general user.

The price is also very expensive and the continual need to rebuy this product to get updates is annoying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 309101592690431/k2311a109/10.9.12