Sony NEX-7 camera  » Cameras  »
  • The quality of the images are amazing, the auto shoot mode works well for many situations and the manual options allow any effect one could desire
  • I love the black sleek frame, it is light yet sturdy

• by Shannon McClendon

In May, 2012 I received the Sony NEX-7 camera as a graduation gift. I absolutely love it! The frame is slightly bigger than the NEX-5 but the features more than make up for it. The quality of the images are amazing, the auto shoot mode works well for many situations and the manual options allow any

effect one could desire. One of my favorites is the “mini auto” effect, it blurs out most of the background and has a small range of focus, as a result everything looks miniaturized.

I love the black sleek frame, it is light yet sturdy. I have the 18-55mm lens and it works well for most situations. The functions on the camera may at first seem endless but don’t be intimidated. Once you master all of most of them you can truly take your photography to new heights. I admit that there are still some features I have not yet discovered but I am looking forward to playing with them.

A few things ...

• Sony NEX-7 camera
      I do not like about the camera is that the video recording button is very close to where the thumb rests and I often accidentally push it, the build in flash is a bit hard to work with and there is no time lapse mode. Other than those three reasons, I am in love with my
      camera. It produces high quality images, takes RAW, has a viewfinder, is easy to use, has a great automatic mode, has a ton of extra features, allows easy manual usage and it fairly reasonably priced for a DSLR camera.

In my opinion it is the perfect camera. It is not too big yet produces professional quality images.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 438101592580631/k2311a108/10.8.12