Phillips spa2360 Multimedia 2.1 Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • I needed a new speaker setup, but I like bass so a normal 2.0 wasn't something I was looking for, and a 5.1 is too many speakers, so a 2.1 was perfect
  • When it came to my doorstep, it was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be
  • But the problem I had was in the audio, and that's what it's for right

• by letterbomb

I bought these for about $25 at Walmart.com a couple of months ago. I needed a new speaker setup, but I like bass so a normal 2.0 wasn’t something I was looking for, and a 5.1 is too many speakers, so a 2.1 was perfect.

I heard some good things about this setup and decided to give it a chance. When it came to my

doorstep, it was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. It looked nice though, the plastic was very slick and shiny, and the wood on the subwoofer was pretty sturdy. The wiring was a mess though and looked awful, the two speakers had it’s own wire that would bunch up and tangle if you didn’t tie it down.

It comes with this cool wired remote that you spin left or right for the volume, I thought that was pretty cool. Everything physical about the setup was good, it looked nice. But the problem I had was in the audio, and that’s what it’s for right? If you like bass, you have to have it pretty loud to get good bass out of this thing, even after ...

• Phillips spa2360 Multimedia 2.1 Speakers
      messing with an equalizer. & no matter how much bass is going through, it sounds like the speaker is hitting the wood…it’s not, but that sound is annoying when you’re trying to enjoy some music. The highs coming from the two speakers don’t sound very good either, they crack and pop. Overall though, it wasn’t a bad setup. But, I’m a bit of an audiophile
      and it wasn’t pleasing enough for me.

So I took it back after a week. But, for someone looking for some decent PC speakers, or for their mp3 player, or even some external tv speakers? These aren’t a bad choice for the price, I just went with something more expensive because you really do get your moneys worth when you pay for a more expensive setup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1626091592060630/k2311a0926/9.26.12