Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think its length has grown way past than I would have liked, making me feel old every time I let my hair down
  • I thought it was a hair better (I miss the scent especially)

• by jhunie

Hair is very much a part of one’s well-being, in so far as how we want to be viewed by others. I used to be heavily invested in hair care myself, just as others take too many liberties styling and damaging their hair. Mine attracted compliments simply because I had doggedly taken care of it. That complacent attitude obviously led me to slack off a bit and stop minding my hair too much. But I always believe in a good shampoo, and it needn’t be Loreal. For some time now I’ve been using Dove’s nourishing oil care shampoo since it recently launched in the Philippines, and my hair has managed to stay gorgeous without, take note, a conditioner all this time.

Not conditioning my hair would be quite unthinkable if I were channeling my old self, a hair fiend no less, but sticking to

Dove’s nourishing oil care shampoo hasn’t made it a big lack. I basically get off the shower after shampooing, with less ado than waiting a couple minutes to soak hair in conditioner, and much less washing altogether. Another remarkable thing is that I only wash my hair every other day, and the shine and weightlessness of my hair seem to only get better on days that I don’t wash it. Some shampoos make my hair dull, in which case I have to rely on conditioners. Normally if I don’t moisturize short strands are straggling on either side of my ears when I pin my hair up in a ponytail (which escape whatever hair implements I use to lay them flat) and my ends get bent out of shape. By far my ends have remained straight and silky, no split ends too. I think its length has grown way past than I would have liked, making me feel old every time I let my hair down.

To the contrary, I get compliments when I leave it be: they say it has always been straight and beautiful. And mind you I simply use my goody brush to accomplish that (told you I’m lazy). I wonder how great it would be if I return to conditioners?

Well not surprisingly it lapses into a chaotic mess as dry air wrings out the moisture, and my head turns into a pouf. My regrowth coming from the roots is coarser and thicker whilst the rest of my hair is rebonded or chemically straightened, something equivalent to a brazilian blowout in western culture. So for very thick, coarse hair I’m not sure if this shampoo is up to snuff. A conditioner could certainly ...

• Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo
      give more manageability. Then again there’ stuff you better leave to professionals – that’s what they’re for. On the other hand this might interest people who want volume. I just get to the nearest brush I can find and tuck those errant strands behind my ears.

I have a lot of hair to wash, so it really helps if a shampoo lathers readily. I’m pleased to note that this shampoo makes generous lather. If you like your shampoo to produce copious foam, however, this makes a creamier lather. I pour twice an amount to cover my hair. Because the shampoo is rich in itself, what little water in my sodden hair helps to disperse it down the tips. I don’t need to curl my palm to dilute the shampoo (I do this for dandruff shampoos whose formulas are so concentrated that

they leave residue on my scalp). Its moisture replenishing effect is immediately felt as I lather. Drying shampoos tend to feel matted and tangly even before stepping out of the shower.

At any rate I’ve merely substituted Loreal’s renutrition for this shampoo, to which I had sworn loyalty until I got tired buying the bottle like forever: there’s no bigger size apart from the squat bottle available in stores and it hardly lasted a month. Dove’s shampoo has a yellow tinge that’s a bit more like a watery version of renutrition. I might be inclined to give the upper hand to Loreal’s renutrition; I thought it was a hair better (I miss the scent especially). This smells blah, like I’ve smelled it too many times in other shampoos. The 180ml bottle costs 110 pesos and lasts longer. My hair absolutely recommends this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126091592040630/k2311a0926/9.26.12