Color Me Mine, Aventura Mall, Aventura, Fl  » Business  »
2.0
19575 Biscayne Boulevard Aventura, FL 33180
  • They have an amazing selection of pottery to choose from, as well as cute seasonal pieces
  • The average cost of the blank pottery was around twenty to thirty dollars
  • I thought it a bit stingy of them to be so limiting on paint supplies, especially considering the price
  • Not only was I totally frustrated with the service, I’m certain that the price is most definitely not worth the mediocre experience

• by Strange

When I stumbled across Color Me Mine, I was very excited to see a family friendly and art positive space amongst the countless high-end retail stores and posh restaurants featured in the area’s mall. If you’re not familiar, Color Me Mine is an commercial art studio where you can come in, pick a piece of pottery (any shape, vase, plate, character mug) and paint it. They have an amazing selection of pottery to choose from, as well as cute

seasonal pieces.

They fire it in their kiln for you, and you can pick it up in about five days. Sounds great, right? Well, not exactly.

First, the price is outrageous and quickly adds up as you have to pay for the price of the piece you choose to paint as well as a painting fee, ten dollars for adults and six dollars for children. The average cost of the blank pottery was around twenty ...

• to thirty dollars.

I came in with my niece to paint. We chose to paint a piggy bank.

The piece was twenty-four dollars, plus our painting fees, for a grand total of forty dollars–for a piggy bank. We sat down to paint, and were told we can choose five colors.

I thought it a bit stingy of them to be so limiting on paint supplies, especially considering the price. After a few hours of painting, we

finished the piece.

We sent it in and were told to come back in five days. I came back to pick up the piece and they couldn’t find it.

They spent forty minutes searching every cabinet, only to realize it was still in the kiln. They were late on their delivery and now I’d have to come back the next day.

Not only was I totally frustrated with the service, I’m certain that the price is most definitely not worth the mediocre experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4120091591820530/k2311a0920/9.20.12