Nyquil Nighttime Medicine  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • It has some interesting side-effects on me, but it has helped me rest at night
  • Amazing enough, the medicine itself can put me to sleep within ten minutes
  • Some of the side effects that I have noticed that Nyquil has on me are that it is a little difficult to wake myself up when my alarm clock goes off
  • This experience has also left my throat feeling raw and sore

• by sarahdragon26

At certain times of the year, I find it very difficult to sleep with my allergies. I’ve taken drowsy and non-drowsy medicines before, but none have worked as well for me then Nyquil does. It has some interesting side-effects on me, but it has helped me rest at night. Especially during the winter months.

Amazing enough, the medicine itself can put me to sleep within ten minutes. Or so I’m told. I

normally take it to help control my sneezing and coughing during the night, so once I take it, I’m out for a good 7 to 10 hours. The length of time that I actually sleep all depends on what’s happening around me. Some of the side effects that I have noticed that Nyquil has on me are that it is a little difficult to wake myself up when my alarm clock goes off. I can feel myself wanting to get up, but I feel very sluggish and weighed down. I have this overwhelming desire to just close my eyes again and go back to sleep. Much more than a normal desire to go back to sleep. No other drowsy medicine has ever made me feel like that before.

During my allergy months or when I have a serious cold and I have taken Nyquil ...

• Nyquil Nighttime Medicine
      to help me rest, I have noticed a very unpleasant side-effect that only seems to happen after I use Nyquil. When I wake up in the mornings, I have a serious amount of mucus caught in the back of my throat. When I try to cough it up, I have this overwhelming need to throw up. My gag-reflex feels like its overload. Even thou I don’t actually throw up, just cough up
      the mucus that is suck in there, it’s still a very painful and unpleasant feeling. This experience has also left my throat feeling raw and sore.

While Nyquil is great at putting me to sleep, I’ve decided to try other allergy medicines to help me through the winter months and other medicines for the common cold because Nyquil’s side effects leave me with very unpleasant side effects that cause more pain than help.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619091591640630/k2311a0919/9.19.12