Mysertious Mansion, Gatlinburg, TN  » Travel  »
0.5
424 River Road Gatlinburg, TN 37738
  • The mansion is opened from May to October and cost us about $40 for myself, my husband, and my son
  • It was terrible, boring, and not frightening at all

• by sarahdragon26

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea this place even existed until I took the Gatlinburg Ghost Tour and it was mentioned in passing it by the tour guide. After that, I would walk past the mansion every now and then while walking Gatlinburg. During one trip, we just broke down and decided to try it. And lived to regret it.

My first impression of this attraction, and that’s basically what this mansion is, was that it reminded me a great deal of the Haunted Mansion in Walt Disney World and Disneyland. I got a good laugh while

reading the description of the mansion. It said that there was terror and horror waiting for those who entered the halls of this haunted ground. Sorry, but there didn’t seem to be anything frightening about this place.

The mansion is opened from May to October and cost us about $40 for myself, my husband, and my son. My son was really frightened to go inside, but once inside, his first words to us was, ‘This is stupid.’ And we completely agreed. My son was frightened of the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World, but this place just seemed to ...

• bore him. And it did for me and my husband as well. It was just a few hallways of darkness with terrible looking props hanging from the ceilings and the walls. The lighting was even worse. Nothing was frightening or even close to being chilling. It was more of a ‘Did I really just spend my money on this?’ I would have spent less on a carnival haunted house and that was exactly what this Mysterious Mansion was. A carnival haunted house that belonged at a county fair. And it took us ten minutes to walk the whole attraction.

I knew I should have trusted my instincts on this one. The whole experience was just a dud. It was terrible, boring, and not frightening at all. I even joked to my husband that the Ripley’s Haunted House might be better than this Mysterious Mansion.

I would steer clear of this place. It’s not worth the money or the time. It’s a poor replica of what haunted houses should be. Maybe the designers of the attraction should go to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios to see what frightening can be and is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3814091591230830/k2311a0914/9.14.12