Smith’s Rosebud Salve from Rosebud Perfume Co.  » Cosmetics  »
4.3
  • Moderately-priced and delicious-smelling, this is an awesome product for lip balm junkies
  • I think it's the first thing I noticed when I asked my friend about it - what is that adorable lip balm you are using
  • As much as I love this product, I must admit it takes me several uses for it to really have an effect on my lips
  • This is a wonderful everyday product that will keep your lips consistently smooth, soft and hydrated, but it's definitely not a one-time application if your lips are already cracked or splitting
  • It's an awesome everyday beauty product, and I recommend it to anyone

• by Melanie Noell

My friend introduced this product to me the last time we were at Sephora, and I have been a big fan ever since. Moderately-priced and delicious-smelling, this is an awesome product for lip balm junkies!

I have to start out by saying that the packaging for this product is so cute! I think it’s the first thing I noticed when I asked my friend about it - what is that adorable lip balm you are using?! The salve comes in a beautiful old-fashioned “tin” that is much larger and flatter than lip gloss pots and balm pots that you see today. It is intentionally designed to look older, with bold black typography on a light pinkish/white background. It almost resembles an old stamp, and

there is just a touch of color in the pretty little roses and “ROSEBUD SALVE” label on the very top. The circle reminds me even more of a stamp, and I just find it to be a very girl, old-fashioned BEAUTIFUL salve tin. I would probably buy it for the packaging alone!

That said, what’s inside might be even better than what is outside. A rose-colored salve is housed within the tin, and it has a firm but light consistency. It’s almost like a candle in consistency except that the top layer is very “greasy” in that it easily rubs off a thin layer of spreadable salve when you put your finger inside. What is awesome about the consistency is that it goes on light, yet you use much less than if you had a creamier or more gel-like gloss/salve/balm. You can’t really dig your finger in and pull out a lot of salve, so it really makes the tin last longer. The salve itself has a rosy, floral, almost fruity smell to it that is just wonderful. I have gotten several compliments from friends who smell the light floral fragrance but aren’t sure where it’s coming from. So pretty, yet subtle.

As much as I love this product, I must admit it takes me several uses for it to really have an effect on my lips. This isn’t a medicated ointment that will cure everything in one application - unless your lips are already in ...

• Smith's Rosebud Salve from Rosebud Perfume Co.
      fairly good condition. This is a wonderful everyday product that will keep your lips consistently smooth, soft and hydrated, but it’s definitely not a one-time application if your lips are already cracked or splitting. It is perfect for everyday use - even several times a day - and you will see your lips improve and maintain their suppleness if you use it over time.

Another great thing about this product is that I have been told it is multi-purpose. My friend said she uses it as a salve for burns and to alleviate really dry skin (like on fingers or elbows - wherever you get rough spots.) I have tried it as a dry skin salve, and it does help, though not if your

skin is already ridiculously chaffed, but it does feel good on slightly dried elbows or knees!

I’ve only ever bought this product at Sephora, so I’m not sure where else it is offered. Sephora is a rare occasion for me, so if you don’t have one near you (like me!) you can always order it online through Sephora. It’s only $6 for the tin which is comparable in price to most other decent lip balms/butters/salves. And because of the consistency, it lasts a long time making it a great value! It hydrates and feels great, it’s not tacky like a gloss, and it gives your lips a sheen like they are hydrated and healthy. It’s an awesome everyday beauty product, and I recommend it to anyone!

Ambujakshi Nagarakatti says :

re : It’s an awesome everyday beauty product, and I recommend it to anyone
My lips were cracked and splitting as I was using wrong products for a long time..I need to use this product to keep them hydrated all day and all my life..it is definitely not a one time application.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114091591200830/k2311a0914/9.14.12