Elizabeth’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria-University Parkway Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2824 University Pkwy. Winston-Salem, NC 27105
  • That is why I was happy when I was browsing restaurant
  • The second time was another nice experience
  • I like the fact that they said to us sit where we'd like
  • I would also recommend the antipasto, hot wings, and garlic knots

• by ERJ

I first knew about the Elizabeth’s pizza franchise through word of mouth from my family when they lived here over a decade ago. I didn’t think much about it since managers and cooks change in this field as do menus. Finally, my girlfriend (now wife) and mom moved down here and we shopped at Silas Creek Crossing and Elizabeth’s caught my eye every time we shopped there.

Like anyone else, I like a good deal. And usually coupons entice me to in and give a restaurant a chance. That is why I was happy when I

was browsing restaurant.com and I found one for Elizabeth’s Pizza on University Parkway.

I purchased one and put it to the side. One day my aunt’s birthday was rolling around so I figured that was a good choice to use it. They are pretty easy to find and have plenty of parking. They also have a pretty vast menu with not bad prices ranging from pizza, wings, and sandwiches.

The waitress was also nice to allow us to even use our coupon with a special. I didn’t think we would be able to because of ...

• the coupon stipulations. Our food was fantastic and of course had to take some it home to enjoy later.

The second time was another nice experience. We got the same cozy booth in the corner. I like the fact that they said to us sit where we’d like. The food was again good. The only drawback or surprise we got back wasn’t from the bill.

We expected 18% gratuity to be added because of our coupon/certificate. When my wife’s change was 10 dollars short that is when she had to speak up. The

waitress went over the bill and claimed it was correct. She said it was for the tip but she had already taken out for it. She was charging another 18% on top of the other one.

I don’t know if it was an honest mistake or what. We got our correct change and no harm done. I would advise everyone to always double check your bill or if you have questions ask.

All in all, I have had great times both times I’ve went to his location. I would also recommend the antipasto, hot wings, and garlic knots.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 714091591120730/k2311a0914/9.14.12