The ShoeString Girl By Annie Brewer book  » Books  »
  • Curiosity got the best of me and within a few days I had the book in my hand eager to read it
  • While I do not agree with all the methods contained in the book it was refreshing to hear someone say this is what I do but you do not have to
  • I enjoyed seeing how she makes a living and manages to live a good life on less than most people make and it was refreshing to see first-hand experience instead of merely tips and suggestions

• by blondefreelancer

The Shoestring Girl How I Live on Practically Nothing and You Can Too! By Annie Brewer is a book that Ms. Brewer self-published through Smashwords.com. The book is available through Smashwords and on Amazon.com. The book can be obtained for the kindle for $2.99 and now in Paperback for $7.99. I had been watching the progress of the book for month, and with each of the blog postings by Ms. Brewer I grew increasingly curious, especially since she manages to raise her daughter strictly on her blog and E-book sale earnings.

Curiosity got the best of me and within a few days I had

the book in my hand eager to read it. It took me a few days to get through trying to do everything else I was supposed to do but the book itself is not that long. I imagine someone with a free afternoon could read it in a couple of hours. I actually did enjoy reading about how Ms. Brewer implements things into her daily life to save herself money and the things that she does without by choice and not because she is broke.

The fact that she and her daughter live in a one bedroom home instead of a two bedroom gave ...

• me an idea that maybe I have too much house. She details how she makes a living and what areas her and her daughter agreed to cut out in order to live well on less. The goal was to stay home with her youngest child instead of working a typical 9 to 5 job or whatever other shifts would not allow her to be with her and she succeeded. The most disappointment was that a few pages in the book were duplicated but that’s not unusual and I have had books that had duplications in the past, I just reread the pages and moved
        on.

While I do not agree with all the methods contained in the book it was refreshing to hear someone say this is what I do but you do not have to. I enjoyed seeing how she makes a living and manages to live a good life on less than most people make and it was refreshing to see first-hand experience instead of merely tips and suggestions. Although because I do not agree with a few of the methods (she advices checking local laws which is a plus) I can only give the first-hand account that is “The Shoestring Girl” a 9 out of 10 rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1713091591050630/k2311a0913/9.13.12