Eclipse Book by Stephenie Meyer  » Books  »
  • My favourite part of Eclipse was when Victoria strikes, and the Cullens must face and defeat her evil scheme to kill Bella
  • This is definitely where the most action in the story is
  • I found Eclipse to be quite boring in some parts, so this was the part which I found to be the highlight
  • I did not really enjoy Eclipse much, which I think was because it’s storyline focused very heavily on the love triangle between Edward, Jacob and Bella
  • I would also recommend this to people who enjoy reading stories with supernatural themes

• by livvvy75

Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight series. In this book, the main focus is Bella’s choice between Edward and Jacob. She must choose between vampire Edward and her friendship with Jacob the werewolf because she can only have one of them. Also, Bella must be careful of the angry vampire Victoria, who is still out there, trying to plot a way to kill Bella. Alongside that, there is a mysterious killing spree happening in the close by town of Seattle, so Bella is once again surrounded by danger. This being Bella’s last year of high school, she has an important event coming up, graduation. Bella must make the decision of becoming a vampire or staying a human.

My favourite part of Eclipse was when Victoria strikes, and the Cullens must face and defeat her evil scheme to kill Bella. This is definitely

where the most action in the story is. I found Eclipse to be quite boring in some parts, so this was the part which I found to be the highlight. I did not really enjoy Eclipse much, which I think was because it’s storyline focused very heavily on the love triangle between Edward, Jacob and Bella.

Isabella Swan (Bella), is the main character of Eclipse. She narrates the story from her point of view. Bella is fairly clumsy and seems to attract danger from where ever she goes. Bella can appear weak at times through out the whole Twilight series, but that is not completely off putting. I personally prefer a strong female character as opposed to one who does not know what she wants. Then you have Edward Cullen, who is a perfect gentleman and loves Bella. Then you also have Jacob ...

• Black, who is more of a friend to Bella. Of course, she really can only have one or the other because werewolves and vampires are mortal enemies.

Eclipse is a young adult novel. It is fiction, although the vampires are loosely based on vampire legends. It is a fantasy novel, with stacks of romance. I would say the main genre of the book was romance. Even though Eclipse features vampires and werewolves, it is not at all very gory and not much of a thriller as such. It is definitely not my favourite book in the Twilight series but I still enjoyed it more than I did New Moon. Once again I like the film adaptation better, which is unusual for me because I usually prefer the book. The movie had way more action and information on Victoria.

I enjoyed reading Eclipse, unfortunately not as

much as I did Twilight and Breaking Dawn. I have read the whole Twilight series a couple of times, so that is proof of how much I enjoyed the entire series. I do wish it had a bit more action than romance because at times the romance can get quite boring. Some people who read Eclipse are not particularly fond of it but I think it is worth reading. One thing I did pick up, however, was that there were a few grammar mistakes in there. I really love the colour scheme on my special edition cover.

I would recommend this book for teenagers and ages up from that. It is fine for younger readers but probably would not really capture their interest because of the romance side of things. I would also recommend this to people who enjoy reading stories with supernatural themes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1711091590910730/k2311a0911/9.11.12