Affordable Pups  » Pets  »
13326 Miller Road, Johnstown, OH 43031
  • I’ve had a canine companion for as long as I can remember and for the first time in my life, I found myself without a furry friend
  • In March, I decided I needed a new furry companion and so the search began
  • Okay, so Affordable Pups were selling great looking dogs, designer pups and AKC registered pups for less than half the cost of the prices I’d been seeing

• by Write Infinitus

In February of 2012, I lost my best friend. She was a geriatric, toy poodle named Gidget. She was with me for nearly two decades. I’ve had a canine companion for as long as I can remember and for the first time in my life, I found myself without a furry friend. In March, I decided I needed a new furry companion and so the search began.

While I have several rescued cats, I wasn’t inclined to go to a shelter for a puppy. But it had been a long time since I’d been puppy shopping and I had no idea how expensive dogs had become. I had a limited budget and although I wasn’t set on any specific breed, or even on a purebred, I couldn’t find a small breed dog in my price

range—anywhere, until I found Affordable Pups. Okay, so Affordable Pups were selling great looking dogs, designer pups and AKC registered pups for less than half the cost of the prices I’d been seeing.

Were they a puppy mill or some other detestable creature? As it turns out, they are not. I guess if I had to label them, I’d say they are discount retailers. They work with various breeders, who they apparently screen, and then resell the puppies at a small markup. They make their money with the volume they do and in shipping costs.

Affordable pup will ship your pick of the litter to anywhere in the U. S. for less than $300. So I started browsing their website and this little pup caught my eye.

Or should I say her eyes caught me. She had this little look, this curious, mischievous little look that melted my heart. I made a phone call to the facility and they were happy to answer my questions. (They are easier to reach by phone than via email.

) A few minutes later, I picked her up, put her in my shopping cart, and the adorable little fluff-ball was mine. I can’t say I’d ever purchased a puppy over the internet before and I can’t say it wasn’t a little scary. The checkout process was simple though there were some additional fees that accrued before it was all over. These fees, above the initial cost of the pup, added up to somewhere around $125.

Some of the options were for additional meds and you could decline them, however by doing so, you would void the warranty.

• Affordable Pups
      While everything was pretty straight forward, I do suggest that you read all of the fine print concerning puppy health, warranty, shipping, etc… Although they assured me that they had perfected the process of shipping puppies, I couldn’t stand the thought of my little darling flying alone. As such, two days later we made and eight hour trip to Ohio to pick up our little bundle of joy. When we arrived, so did about seven other people who were all there to pick up their pups.

It was a bit of a madhouse, a little chaotic, but not in a bad way. The staff were all friendly and the facility was top dog! It was new, clean, and set on a large plot of rural land. And finally, they handed me my baby—a furry doll.

We listened to the new pet orientation, they gave us our supplies, and we headed back to Pennsylvania.

They were kind enough to provide us with some additional food and potty papers at no extra charge for our long ride home. The ten week old puppy was a perfect angel resting in my lap for the entire ride. At rest areas, she ate yogurt and puppy food on the potty papered floor of the car. Much to my surprise she didn’t puke or even pee for the entire ride home!

Xena Puppy Princess Warrior is now eight months old.

Her health and her demeanor couldn’t be any better. She’s a designer dog, a Shih Tzu Maltese mix called a Teddy Bear, a Mal Shi, Maltizu, or Malte Tzu. But we just call her the cutest puppy in the world!

Mary Cee says :

re : I’ve had a canine companion for as long as I can remember and for the first time in my life, I found myself without a furry friend
I am so sorry to hear that. I know how horrible it feels to lose a canine companion.

Azriel says :

I feel you too as I have also lost a dear pug when she died giving birth to two new pug puppies. We loved her so much it was the first time I got my heart broken I could no longer be a functional individual for months thinking about her and what I could have done to not lose her. But she left us with a prince and a princess that has helped me cope up, I still could not forget her though as she was more than a pet to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2911091590900730/k2311a0911/9.11.12