Diabetic Chocolate Cream Pie recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I am a total chocolate FIEND and I love chocolate cream pie
  • But for my love of chocolate, I bought and tried it anyway
  • I decided to see if I could find a recipe online for a diabetic friendly chocolate pie but what I found where complicated or time consumming recipes
  • I thought of a couple other ingredients to go in the pie and left for home to make something hopefully delicious

• by wiccanlola

I am a total chocolate FIEND and I love chocolate cream pie. I am also a diabetic. I have looked around a lot and I have only found one place that sells sugar free chocolate cream pie: Walmart. When I first saw the pie, I thought, finally, a ready made sugar free chocolate cream pie! But then I realized the pie was not in a chilled section and it was topped with whipped cream so I wondered what the pie was made of if the cream wasn’t breaking down(melting) and what must it taste like.

But for my love of chocolate, I bought and tried it anyway. Let me just say, ewwww! It was dried out, it tasted like chocolate flavored paste and the crust was disgusting and just fell part!

I decided to see if I could find a recipe online for a diabetic friendly chocolate pie but what I found where complicated or time consumming recipes. So one day I’m in the grocery store and I was looking at the sugar free instant pudding mixes for another recipe I was working on, and it dawned on me that ...

• I could use sugar free instant chocolate pudding for a pie filling! So then I started thinking up a recipe right then. I thought of a couple other ingredients to go in the pie and left for home to make something hopefully delicious! Well, it turns out that I now have a very easy, very delicious recipe for a sugar free chocolate cream pie with a surprise ingredient.

Ingredients: 1. Cooked and cooled pie crust 2. 2 packages sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix 3. 1 package sugar

free chocolate chip cookies(such as Murray’s brand) 4. Whipped topping 5. Milk

Directions: 1. Mix pudding according to the pie filling instructions with milk.

2. Stir half the tub of whipped topping into the pudding, reserve half of topping for pie.

3. Crumble up half the package of cookies and sprinkle and stir into the pudding.

4. Pour pudding mixture into prepared pie crust.

5. Chill until set well, at least 1 hour.

6. When pie is set, top pie with the other half of whipped topping and some extra cookie crumbles and serve.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4910091590870730/k2311a0910/9.10.12