Catching Fire-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins book
  • I found this book just as epic as the first, perhaps even more action packed
  • My favourite part of the book was the bit when the tributes were in the training centre
  • I enjoy reading about the other tributes and the way Katniss works
  • That is probably what I like most about her
  • I would even go as far to recommend this to people with a weak stomach because even though it sounds gruesome, it’s not too bad

• by livvvy75

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I found this book just as epic as the first, perhaps even more action packed. The plot follows Katniss Everdeen, a young girl from a poor district, who defied the powerful Capitol. She survived their Hunger Games and even committed an act of rebellion without meaning to. So now she must watch her step around the angered Capitol and maintain her “relationship” with Peeta. However, this becomes harder because the Capitol have another trick up their sleeve and they are about to make the life of Katniss even harder.

My favourite part of the book was the bit when the tributes were in the training centre. I enjoy reading about the other tributes and the way Katniss works. She thinks differently to the

other tributes about choosing allies and actually training. That is probably what I like most about her. The part where the tributes are in the arena is still probably the highlight of the book but I feel as if the time spent in the arena follows too much of a story, rather than the fight for survival as shown in the previous book. The arena seems to have too much of a friendly atmosphere and just doesn’t have the same effect as the first book.

The protagonist is Katniss Everdeen. I particularly like her because of her strong personality and character. She also gives an impression of power and wit, which can sometimes be lacking in other books. Katniss is so different to other characters in other books that it makes a nice change to read about her and ...

• follow her triumphs. In this book, a lot more characters are introduced and characters in the first book mentioned. The characters that are introduced are still interesting and compliment the book.

Catching Fire is a dystopian, action, adventure, science fiction novel. The novel is aimed at young adults. The book is cleverly written and there are no illustrations. The ending of the book is such a twist and the last sentence is completely hooks you. I literally read the last sentence over and over again. Even though there are twists and turns through out the book, the last sentence is the most shocking. The whole book was amusing the entire way through and very thrilling. One thing I did find, however, was that towards the ending of the book I got a bit lost.

I thoroughly enjoyed Catching

Fire. It’s one of those books which keep you on your toes the whole way through. Out of the first and the second book, I actually prefer the Hunger Games to Catching Fire, just because I preferred the storyline in the first book and I was never lost or didn’t understand in any section of the first book. Catching Fire is still a really good book which has been read by me lots of times and has achieved a very well deserved place on my bookshelf.

I recommend this book to teenagers and any age group above that. This book perfectly compliments the first book and is just as exciting. I would even go as far to recommend this to people with a weak stomach because even though it sounds gruesome, it’s not too bad. Catching Fire is a good read.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174091590340530/k2311a094/9.4.12