Springfield, MO Palace Theater
2220 West Chesterfield Boulevard Springfield, MO
  • I love this theater because it seems to care more about the customer than making a quick buck
  • They only cost $3 for a regular admission
  • I have always had a good experience with the staff, always friendly and helpful
  • The screens are not huge, but I like that it's not so overwhelming for the younger kids
  • Overall this is definitely my favorite theater in Springfield

• by Holley

I have been going to the Palace Theater for 15 years and taking my own children for 10 years. I love this theater because it seems to care more about the customer than making a quick buck. The ticket price has risen once since I can remember.

They only cost $3 for a regular admission. That doesn’t include the family friendly prices offered on Time warp Tuesday when the price is just a buck.

I love that

they offer free summer kid movies a few times a month. There always seems to be a show I can take my family to and still have some cash at the end of the night.

The downside would have to be that the newest movies that are shown at the big expensive theater are not shown at The Palace right away. I have to wait a month sometimes a few months for the newest movies to start showing at The Palace.

...

• This has never really bothered me because by the time I could afford to take my whole family to see a movie at an expensive showing of the latest movie, it’s probably already showing at the discounted Palace Theater. I have always had a good experience with the staff, always friendly and helpful.

The bathrooms are clean with the exception of graffiti. They do seem to always painting over or otherwise managing the defacement of their stalls.

The concessions are

fairly priced and always fresh. The theater has comfortable seating considering the price of the tickets.

The screens are not huge, but I like that it’s not so overwhelming for the younger kids. Overall this is definitely my favorite theater in Springfield.

If you value your pocketbook enough to wait a little longer to see a movie and you prefer a smaller theater to the gigantic $12 ticket monster down the street, this is the theater for you.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 324091590330530/k2311a094/9.4.12