Scott’s Vitamin C Pastilles  » Health  »
  • But the problem is as he grows he became more focused on watching television, playing games, and other activities
  • I noticed that he easily get cough and runny nose

• by mypreppiemind

As a mom I am very cautious of my child’s health. Giving him proper nourishment and a balanced diet is my top daily obligation so I make sure that I feed him properly. But the problem is as he grows he became more focused on watching television, playing games, and other activities. Just like any other mom’s dilemma, my child became choosy too. I have a hard time convincing him to eat vegetables and fruits, and to take his vitamins regularly. I noticed that he easily get cough and runny nose. Maybe he needed more Vitamin C, so aside from the multivitamins I am giving him I also looked for something that will suffice his needed vitamin C intake.

And I

discovered Scott’s!

Scott’s is manufactured in Malaysia and is imported to the Philippines by the well known GlaxoSmithKline Company. It is a vitamin C in pastille candy form. It is an easy to chew vitamin C for kids, ages 3, and adults over 12 years old.

It comes in four berry flavors (black currant, strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry) that is packed into one thus called mixed berries. Each pastille contains 30 mg Vitamin C. It has no artificial color or sweetness.

This brand of vitamin C comes into two containers; 1. The 100 gram plastic bottle which has 50 pcs pastilles, and 2. The 30 gram small foil pouch which has 15 pastilles. It costs PhP 160.00 and PhP 60.00,respectively.

The packaging ...

• is very attractive. The combination of of orange, white, a bit of yellow and purple made up the background. At the top is the logo and name of the importer, under it is the brand name and flavor. A child riding a bicycle is in the middle. In front of him is a statement that Scott’s is a 100% Vitamin C RENI. At the bottom reads as, “high in Vitamin C, FOOD SUPPLEMENT, NO APPROVED THERAPEUTIC CLAIMS.”

I tried tasting one pastille myself and found out it tastes like a gummy candy. It’s sour and somewhat sweet. Kids will surely love the sourness of it because of the combined sweetness. It is also sponge-like so you should not be worried if

your child (ages 3 to 5) might choke on it if accidentally swallowed.

Now it’s easier to convince my child to take his vitamins regularly. He even reminds me when it’s time for his vitamin C. However I don’t allow him to get pastille by himself because he plays with it and these pastilles once get wet will become sticky.

CONS. Once get wet, these pastilles will become sticky and may attract dust. So after opening the pouch you need to reseal it and put it in a container and cover it tightly. The pouch is not zip locked.

If you are a wise mom would you buy Scott’s for your kids? Me? Definitely, Yes! Easy to administer. Natural vitamin C. Budget friendly. Good for kids!

Scott's Vitamin C Pastilles

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344091590320530/k2311a094/9.4.12