Go Cat Go -Play-N-Treat Ball  » Pets  »
  • I found Go Cat Go -Play-N-Treat Ball years ago in East Lansing, Michigan, but can find it online now
  • If you've a fat, bored cat, I strongly recommend trying this

• by ScienceCat

I had a very fat cat. Oreo was and is obsessed with food. When I got him, he woke me up at 5 am to tell me he was hungry. He would finish off any food in his bowl upon feeding. He would scavenge my garbage can for food. He would pop open the small bottles of fish food by my aquariums. He would climb on my lap when I ate dinner and occasionally try to knock the food off my fork.

I spent very long hours away

from home as a student and in my jobs, so Oreo had far too much time on his paws in trying to find things to eat. He was incredibly bored, so he would knock over plants and stuff crevices with his toy mice.

There are Kongs and such for dogs, but it’s incredibly hard to find a toy to stuff treats in that work well for cats.

I found Go Cat Go -Play-N-Treat Ball years ago in East Lansing, Michigan, but can find it online now.

The plastic ball comes apart easily so that you can fill it, but not so easily that it can be opened by the cat. The ball halves snap together and the content is secure. I put Oreo’s food into the ball and would give him two of the filled balls in the morning before leaving the house. These treat toys not only kept Oreo occupied for hours (if the dry food falls out too quickly, just use a piece of tape to make the opening a little smaller), but it had the added benefit of slimming him down. I also ...

• Go Cat Go -Play-N-Treat Ball
      kept one ball where the tape obscured the opening enough to require a lot of rolling for a piece to come out. Now when Oreo is hungry in the middle of the night, he’ll just go to his ball and roll it around to get a snack. I stocked up on these treat balls and they have lasted over several years.

A friend of mine also has a cat that was fat, and prone to bolting her food down and left with nothing left to do all day, leading to

incessant meowing. She bought these Play-N-Treat balls and a week later told me that her cat was annoyed to have to work for her food, but now had her food intake regulated and was kept busy for hours.

If you’ve a fat, bored cat, I strongly recommend trying this. You don’t even need to resort to diet food, so your cat can eat the good stuff–but over time and with some effort.

Imagine if all of us had to roll around balls to get our food! I’d lose pounds for sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930081590120531/k2311a0830/8.30.12