The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss book  » Books  »
  • They feel real and likable to me upon introduction (and always interesting), and I love how they develop as the story goes on
  • While I am left unsure as to why the book is called 'The Wise Man's Fear' upon finishing it, I found the plot (and sub-plots) to be rich with excitement, intrigue, allure, and rounded out with a delightful amount of humor and endearing romance

• by Dormantwing

As a huge fan of the first book in the King-Killer Chronicles (The Name of the Wind), I was so excited to finally read the sequel, The Wise Man’s Fear.

In this installment, Patrick Rothfuss does not disappoint. He tells just as good a story as the first, and his characters, both old and new, are always people I can’t help but feel

drawn to and want to get to know and follow up on. They feel real and likable to me upon introduction (and always interesting), and I love how they develop as the story goes on.

I love all of the interesting places the main character travels to, the different settings he encounters, and in this volume in particular the unusual and fascinating customs of other peoples that he must learn to cultivate in order to make his way among them.

While I am left unsure as to why the book is called ‘The Wise Man’s Fear’ upon finishing it, I found the plot (and sub-plots) to be rich with excitement, intrigue, allure, and rounded out with a delightful amount of humor and endearing romance.

One thing I ...

• The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss book
      did not love about this book was how much and how frivolously the main character started sleeping around once he got a taste of such. As a personal preference I did not enjoy how casual and constant it got, but I did appreciate that the encounters themselves were not as explicit as they could have been.

All in all, this was a highly

enjoyable read. Good quality epic fantasy with a little of everything you could look for in a fantasy book. I looked forward to picking it up every day, and was sad when it ended. It was one of those books that makes you sad there are only one thousand pages! I eagerly await the next installment in the series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730081590080531/k2311a0830/8.30.12