The Nikon D3200 camera  » Cameras  »
  • It’s been two weeks since I bought the D3200 and I’ve been spending a lot of time with it
  • In my opinion the DSLRs are ideal for people who are serious about photography
  • The first thing I noticed when I got my hands onto the D3200 was it’s muscular black body
  • I love the feel of my camera and there are so many variables to change, but not so many that get you confused
  • I found the D3200’s viewfounder slightly smaller than that of the higher models, but still it’s satisfactory and can even be compared to the new electronic viewfinders, like those in Sony cams

• by trustfreak

It’s been two weeks since I bought the D3200 and I’ve been spending a lot of time with it. It’s one of my first few purchases with my hard earned money online and I’ve been searching for a good DSLR for a month or so and I badly wanted one with me on my college tour. It was recommended by a friend, and he’s currently using the Nikon D3100. I’m just back from the tour and I should say- apart from being a bit unhappy about the price, I made a great choice.

I had been planning for a normal Coolpix, but then came to know about the DSLR( digital scale lens reflex) cams. In my opinion the DSLRs are ideal for people who are serious about photography. I wasn’t very serious, but I needed some memorable clicks from my college tour.

The first thing I noticed

when I got my hands onto the D3200 was it’s muscular black body. The D3200 is similar in size to the D3100-both are small. The D3200 comes with killer specs compared to the D3100, at a price of course but it is worth it. I bought the camera with the WiFi add-on for 525$ from amazon.

I love the feel of my camera and there are so many variables to change, but not so many that get you confused.

The D3200 has a whopping 24MP CMOS sensor, much higher than the D3100, which I recall has about 14MP. The screen is a 921K 3” which is same as that of more expensive models like the D5100. I have used the D3100 a lot too, and the difference in resolution does show through, especially while zooming through an image.

The D3200’s ISO modes are also greatly customizable. I often play around with the shutter thresholds and ISO speeds and by proper adjustment it is possible to get wonderful pics even in poorly lighted places. My D3200’s thresholds are adjustable from 1/30s to 1/100s. It’s a fact that it requires a little practice to quickly navigate to the auto ISO adjustment Menu, there are a lot of button clicks involved. Also, the customized shutter speeds are visible only in the live view modes and nowhere beneath the viewfinder.

There is a Drive mode direct access button and is time saving for quick shots. And now I’d like to emphasise on one point. Many of us prefer easy to use, single click cameras for day-to-day use and the D3200 is not ideal for that. I often get weary browsing through the Menu for some functions.

The guide function helps me with that a lot. It offers a range of shooting ...

• The Nikon D3200 camera
      modes, and has info on which settings are to be used and that too with illustrations. But it only guides you to a certain extent and does not provide many solutions.

I don’t mean that daily use of the D3200 is impossible, you just need to get acquainted with it- like I did. The autofocus setting, drive mode and other normal adjustments are easy. I can also set function buttons to for controlling the white balance, ISO speeds etc. After I got familiar with the guide mode, I went on to try out further advanced settings like priorities of aperture, shutter and even the wholly manual mode.

Not only are my clicks getting great, but my videos too. The video mode, of course, is quickly accessible from the menu. I can record at the full 1080p at 25fps. I use an external mic too, and it’s

only a matter of time till you begin to shoot everything around you! The D3200 offers great noise reduction too, throughout the ISO range.

Now my favourite part-the WiFi add-on. The WiFi add-on can be attached directly to the camera’s body. It works great for transferring pics and video to my PC wire-free. I had to pay an extra- 50$, and it’s worth it. I found the D3200’s viewfounder slightly smaller than that of the higher models, but still it’s satisfactory and can even be compared to the new electronic viewfinders, like those in Sony cams.

So, if your looking for professional stuff, DSLRs are the way to go, I can even change the lenses. However compact the electronic cameras may be, they can never beat a DSLR in reliability. And at this price, the D3200 is the one you must go for, cause it never let me down! Happy clicking!

gautam says :

re : In my opinion the DSLRs are ideal for people who are serious about photography
professionals and the people who have the passion towards photography can use it to max.every photo cant be taken in auto mode,so try to get to the core when we can.

gilad zcharya says :

re : I found the D3200’s viewfounder slightly smaller than that of the higher models, but still it’s satisfactory and can even be compared to the new electronic viewfinders, like those in Sony cams
i bought the D3200 a couple of weeks ago and i cant be happier with this product highly recommend.

gilad zcharya says :

i found the DSLRs a very serious and good product.

when i got the D3200 i was highly impressed by his look

gilad zcharya says :

the camera is a very easy to use product but also has lots of variables to change

gilad zcharya says :

it is a little smaller but for mr it was better that way its easier to carry around

Antony says :

I haven’t bought a camera in my life. Not yet.

allan flanagan says :

I’m a big fan of Nikon cameras. I started out with the Nikon d50 then my next camera was the d3200. The picture quality is great. the camera itself is easy to navigate around and have moth auto and manual settings for when you advance into photography. This Camera is great value for money and a bit step up from a point and click camera. If you are looking for a professional camera that is easy and comfortable to use then you can’t go wrong with the Nikon D3200

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4329081590000731/k2311a0829/8.29.12