Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • When I first started learning how to cook from scratch, one of the first things I wanted to make was homemade pasta
  • However I wanted to change that because I wanted to incorporate my own flavors and recipes into my cooking and I wanted the pasta I feed to my family to be fresh and homemade

• by C.Channing

When I first started learning how to cook from scratch, one of the first things I wanted to make was homemade pasta. My family loves to eat pasta for dinner—which seems like we eat a variety of pasta for dinner every night—and I find myself spending probably half of my grocery money on boxed pasta.

Buying boxed pasta means I am limited in my creativity in the kitchen and we are stuck with whatever flavor I purchase. However I

wanted to change that because I wanted to incorporate my own flavors and recipes into my cooking and I wanted the pasta I feed to my family to be fresh and homemade.

This basic homemade pasta recipe is quite simple to make—even messy depending on your counter space, but the beauty of it is that you can create any meal with this recipe whether it’s spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, etc. Also, you can use this recipe to substitute any meals you make that include box pasta.

Ingredients: 2 cups of all-purpose flour, divided 2 jumbo eggs Pinch of salt to season

Preparation: On a clean area of your counter space, pour one cup of flour in a pile and create a small opening in the center making sure not to break the outer walls of the flour. In a small bowl, mix the two jumbo eggs with a fork until yolks and whites are blended together.

Pour the mixed eggs ...

• Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe
      in the center of the flour with a pinch of salt, and slowly mix the flour into the egg until the dough forms. Once you have a nice dough ball formed, remove it from the counter and pour a quarter of the one cup of flour on the counter as well as on your hands and place the dough on your new flour and begin to knead with your hands. Note: the flour on the counter and on
      your hands prevents the dough from sticking to both.

Once you have finished kneading the dough you can stretch it out in the form of pasta of your choosing.

Tips: If you have a KitchenAid or Cuisinart stand mixer you can make the dough in the large bowl with your dough hook. Also, if you have the pasta attachment—which you have to purchase separately—you can run you pasta through it to stretch the dough to your desired length instead of doing it manually with a rolling pin.

quick note by anonymous :

you cannot use stand mixer because the dough is too tough to knead in a mixer. it is better to use food processor until the mixture is combined then knead it by hand, or else the motor of the mixer will be damaged

ReadingBug says :

I think the final presentation of your homemade pasta depends on your experience in the kitchen, and your knowledge of the ingredients. I sometimes use a stand mixer to make pasta when I am too lazy to make it by hand. They key to not having your dough turn out tough is not mixing it too much, and having the proper attachments to prevent blowing out the motor. Depending on the brand, most mixers come with attachments with the option to buy additional ones to use. I then will use my pasta attachment on my stand mixer to both flatten and cut my dough. However, making pasta by hand is a great way to learn for beginner cooks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4929081589940731/k2311a0829/8.29.12