Vornado CR1-0073-25 530 Air Circulator  » Electronics  »
  • Although the design could be a bit more aesthetically appealing, I think it's a great fan and functions awesome
  • I love that you can set it on low and barely hear it
  • The medium speed is a little bit more noticeable, but although you can definitely hear the highest setting, it's a lot quieter than most other (cheaper) fans
  • The setting is also really easy to use, and I like that it's large enough and easy to turn that I don't have to reach around and fiddle with a difficult button
  • I highly recommend that anyone purchase it, even if it doesn't look all that nice

• by Melanie Noell

My dad bought this fan for me when I moved into my new house (that has no central air conditioning) and it is a great alternative to AC. Although the design could be a bit more aesthetically appealing, I think it’s a great fan and functions awesome.

This fan costs about $50, which seems like a lot for a fan as small as this; however, this fan gives you a lot of bang for your buck. In my small living room, when I put the fan on high in one corner, I can feel the air being moved and circulating from any other point in the room - even in the neighboring kitchen! It can really

cool off a room pretty quickly, and it’s not like other small fans where you need to sit right in front of them to get any benefit. This powerful little fan circulates the air throughout the entire room, so although you feel the wind from the fan, it feels more like natural wind than most other fans put out.

The fan has 3 settings, and the lowest setting is almost inaudible. I love that you can set it on low and barely hear it! And you still get a decent amount of air on the low setting, making it perfect for when you’re going to bed and just want a light circulation of air throughout the ...

• room. The medium speed is a little bit more noticeable, but although you can definitely hear the highest setting, it’s a lot quieter than most other (cheaper) fans. The setting is also really easy to use, and I like that it’s large enough and easy to turn that I don’t have to reach around and fiddle with a difficult button. It’s very ergonomically designed to fit your hand. Another great thing about the design of the fan (for functionality) is that the front of the fan can easily be grabbed like a handle to be transported anywhere you need.

The one thing that bothers me about the fan is the color and material from an

aesthetic point of view. Although it is extremely durable, the light gray color of plastic is not very attractive in any room. I can’t even classify it into a design style because it’s just kind of simple and unattractive. It looks terrible with my shabby chic sort of living room. Fortunately, the fan is small enough (and still puts out a huge amount of air!) that it doesn’t matter that it looks unattractive because it can be easily hidden!

Overall, this is a great fan. I highly recommend that anyone purchase it, even if it doesn’t look all that nice. It’s durable, lasts forever, and puts out tons of air - great product even for $50!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1628081589710731/k2311a0828/8.28.12