Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 camera  » Cameras  »
  • I decided to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 camera as I was going on a holiday and I wanted to carry a small and easy to use camera
  • The cost of the camera was only S$290.00 which makes it sort of a budget friendly camera but the camera certainly does not look cheap in any way
  • I really love the The LUMIX Image Uploader feature which makes it super simple to share pictures on Facebook and video on YouTube
  • It also has Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector which automatically selects the best option from Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset by detecting the environment
  • I think it is because of the smooth rounded edges which makes it very comfortable to hold and use plus it is also very light weight to just pop into my jean pocket

• by true_value

I decided to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 camera as I was going on a holiday and I wanted to carry a small and easy to use camera. The other reason why I wanted to buy a new camera is because I was also planning to give it away to my nephew who is about 15yrs old. I didn’t want to spend too much and yet get something that would look stylish and cool and yet have good pixel quality and features.

Now, there were few cameras from other brands like Samsung and Canon that were less expensive than the Lumix DMC-S1 but I liked the design of the Lumix better than the rest. The Lumix DMC-S1 comes with an impressive 12.1 MP and 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD.

The cost of

the camera was only S$290.00 which makes it sort of a budget friendly camera but the camera certainly does not look cheap in any way. It looks very sleek and stylish and very slim. The camera comes in four different colors. All of the colors were very beautiful and metallic except for the black which is glossy but not metallic. The other colors were Gold, Silver and Red. I decided to go for the black as I thought it looked cooler and sleeker.

Some of the key features are the 12.1-Megapixel Resolution and the 4x optical image-stabilized zoom as mentioned before. It has a 720p HD video that captures at 30fps.

The Panasonic iA mode makes it really simple for just about anyone to take beautiful pictures. I really love the The LUMIX Image Uploader feature which makes it super simple to share pictures on Facebook and video on YouTube.

The camera allows to capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory cards. It also detects the speed of the subject’s movement and determines the right combination of ISO sensitivity and shutter speed to help prevent motion blur. I think this feature is really useful.

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 also has the Face Detection feature which helps to ensure registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure. It also has Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector which automatically selects the best option from Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset by detecting the environment.

The MEGA OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) feature of the camera helps reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake.

Although the camera looks and feels tiny the screen ...

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 camera
      size is not compromised. I think the screen size is really good with the right amount of brightness and image quality. The menu buttons and controls are easy to use and very user friendly. Even my three year old daughter was able to take pictures and play the pictures taken.

The camera does have all of the regular features that allow a tripod to be fixed and a wrist sling. The slots for inserting the memory card and the battery are well placed and also easy to open and close. The flash is powerful and captures pictures quite nicely even in the night.

Of all the other cameras that I have used the Lumix DMC-S1 feels really nice in the hands. I think it is because of the smooth rounded edges which makes it

very comfortable to hold and use plus it is also very light weight to just pop into my jean pocket.

During my trip I have taken tons of pictures in all kinds of lightings and weather conditions and was always pleased with the quality of the pictures taken. Plus the battery power of the battery that comes with the camera is quite impressive as well.

Most of all, my nephew was thrilled at the sight of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 and he has been using it non-stop ever since for uploading pics on facebook and all that stuff. It has been about four months since I handed him the camera and he still has no issues with it.

I am extremely pleased with the quality of the Lumix DMC-S1 despite its affordable pricing. I do highly recommend it.

Reported prices :
44.99 GBPamazon.co.uk

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4327081589500731/k2311a0827/8.27.12