Star Wars Old Republic MMORPG PC  » Games  »
1.5
  • But, what should have been a wonderful and entertaining experience was more like pulling fingernails from my own hand
  • The only problem was that I had to battle, not the Empire, but the game itself to even make it to the end of the main storyline
  • He was of the dark side, yes, but he was funny and I just enjoyed having him in my party
  • But that doesn’t make any sense, since I know the Emperor is alive in the Stars Wars movie universe
  • They have the ability to tell this amazing, excellent story and when the ending comes to bring closure and finality to the journey that the gamers, like myself, have taken, they just drop the ending and say, this is it

• by sarahdragon26

When I first saw that Bioware was bringing out a Star Wars MMORPG, I was over the moon. I am a huge Star Wars fan and I have always wanted to save the galaxy from the Empire. Frankly, I had always wanted to be a Jedi. Ever since I was a child. So, naturally, I wanted to be part of this community. But, what should have been a wonderful and entertaining experience was more like pulling fingernails from my own hand. The game itself was driving me crazy. And not in a good way.

I finally finished the game with the two characters that wanted to play. Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. The only problem was that I had to battle, not the Empire, but the game itself to even make it to the end of the main storyline. I had to fight with my game launcher more times then can even count. I would have to restart my launcher almost 15 times just to get the launcher to start

correctly. And I had to do this at least once a week. I soon discovered I was not the only one with this problem. Many other gamers were facing the same issues, but I really wanted to finish the storyline and see how it ended. But the technical issues didn’t end there. At times, the loading screen would take up to 10 to 20 minutes just to load my character, than the server would kick me out completely.

When it came to in-game bugs or problems, there were so many that I’m only going to list the ones that really annoyed me. Enough that I almost stopped playing before I finished the storylines. At times, my character would get stuck in buildings and rocks for no reason and then I couldn’t move or teleport her. She was just stuck. I would have to restart the whole game and let it start from the last save checkpoint. When taking the shuttles to my mission destinations, the wrong area would be lit up for where I would have to go. So, I would end up on the other side of the map from where my mission was telling me to go. It would take me twice as long to get to my destination, instead of just having a right point highlighted.

The Jedi Consular ending left much to be desired. I wanted or was expecting much more then what I got from the ending of the storyline. And I never got to fight the Emperor. I mean, he’s the real bad guy of the Star Wars universe and I didn’t even get to fight him. That was a great disappointment. I would have liked to see a more final story to the character, but it will have to do since my character will live on even thou I have stopped playing Star Wars. To continue on with in-game problems, there was a huge one at the ending cutscene of the Jedi Consular. All of my companion characters were naked expect for in ...

• Star Wars Old Republic MMORPG PC
      their undergarments.

The Jedi Knight was my favorite character out of the two classes I played and her storyline had such potential to be a great storytelling, then it just crashed and burned. My favorite all time companion from all the storylines is the Jedi Knight’s Lord Scourge. He is a Sith, yes, but he is funny and I just like him so much better than any other companion characters that I had between both Jedi classes. I wish he had been a romanceable character because I would have romanced him in a heartbeat. He was of the dark side, yes, but he was funny and I just enjoyed having him in my party. Even thou I lost points with him when I get something good. The Jedi Knight ending was just as bad as the Consular. And for one reason. I didn’t get to kill the Emperor. He kills himself. But that doesn’t make any sense, since I know the Emperor is alive in the Stars Wars movie universe.

And this all is supposed to take place before those events. There is no real explanation about whether this is the same Emperor as in the movies of Star Wars or they just kicked that story to the curb.

One thing I have noticed, is that Bioware does not do endings well. They have the ability to tell this amazing, excellent story and when the ending comes to bring closure and finality to the journey that the gamers, like myself, have taken, they just drop the ending and say, this is it. They have done it from Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. They seem to lack the ability or even the desire to give the story a decent ending. I, like many of my fellow gamers, have jumped ship on Star Wars the Old Republic. And I will not be getting back on that ship again. They did very little to impress or even keep me. I feel stupid of giving them my money since January to play the game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823081589380231/k2311a0823/8.23.12