Nomarks Cream for Oily Skin Prone to Pimples  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately I do not have the type of skin that will react the same way to any product
  • I thought it suited what I was looking for
  • I bought this cream from an Indian store here in Singapore but it is easily available online from any Indian shopping website
  • I bought the 25gm pack and it cost me S$3.70

• by true_value

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Since my teenage years I have always battled with pimples and oiliness. But, I have to say I have done a good job taking care of my skin and trying to prevent breakouts by keeping my skin thoroughly cleansed, doing facial steaming once or twice a month, regular facial masks and exfoliation. It is all hard work but as they say prevention is always better than cure.

Well, apart from being acne prone and oily, my skin is also extremely sensitive so I have to be very cautious of the products that I am putting on my skin. My constant real challenge is to try and find the right products. Unfortunately I do not have the type of skin that will react the

same way to any product. A product that works for me currently may not work for me a few months later as my skin kind of gets used to it and the product does not seem to perform as well as it used to. A lot of times it happens due to change of weather, hormonal changes or just my stress levels.

I have to admit that I have a certain soft spot for products that claim to be herbal or natural. Recently I picked up the Nomarks Cream for Oily Skin that is Prone to Pimples. I thought it suited what I was looking for. It also claimed to be enriched with Organic Actives.

I bought this cream from an Indian store here in Singapore but it is easily available online from any Indian shopping website. Nomarks is a popular and well known brand in India that has been around for many years and won some prestigious awards.

Nomarks Cream for Oily Skin Prone to Pimples is formulated with key ingredients Emblica, Aloe and Lemon that are natural actives and antioxidants. It claims to provide a pimple-free glowing fairness in just four weeks.

Nomarks explains that skin is prone to pimples due to high oil secretion, hormonal changes and environmental stress. Pimples, upon drying tend to leave marks that require special care and that Nomarks’s 100% natural actives, antibacterial and antioxidants penetrate deeper layers of skin to prevent marks and occurrences of pimples.

The cream comes ...

• Nomarks Cream for Oily Skin Prone to Pimples
      in an old fashioned squeeze tube with a screw cap packed in a paper box with detailed instructions and product descriptions. I bought the 25gm pack and it cost me S$3.70.

As for the ingredients list it has Gooseberry Extract, Aloe Extract, Lemon, Rose, Mint, Melaleuca oil, camphor on a cream base.

The pimple cream has a yellowish tint and is quite thick and creamy with a scent that reminds me of incense and soap. It applies easily and absorbs very well into the skin. Surprisingly for a pimple cream this one feels really hydrating and moisturizing.

I used the cream twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening as per the directions. My initial reaction when I applied the cream

on my face was quite positive. It felt really soothing on the skin with a slight cooling sensation. It make my skin feel very soft and hydrated but pretty quickly it felt quite heavy on my skin and a bit slimy when my skin got oily.

I thought I might have applied too much and so the next time I tried to go easy and only applied a touch of it but it still had the same kind of effect. Since then I have stopped using it all over my face but just over any spots that I have.

Sadly I haven’t seen any improvements. I think it just didn’t work for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121081589150731/k2311a0821/8.21.12