Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • The Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron gets a rating of 5 out of 10 in my opinion
  • I spent about thirty dollars for this flat iron online which is a great price for one, but because it is not such great quality, I am definitely looking to replace it with a better one soon
  • I do realize that all flat irons are damaging to the hair because they apply heat, but some flat irons are relatively more damaging than others and that is the main reason that I dislike this particular flat iron
  • My biggest issue with it is that it snags my hair every so often
  • I do not recommend this Remington flat iron

• by jreviews

The Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron gets a rating of 5 out of 10 in my opinion. Things I don’t like include that its poor design snags my hair in the flat iron and pulls it out, it is very damaging when used on wet hair, and it makes my hair feel more fried than the typical flat iron. The only thing I really do like is that it does straighten my hair (though not as fast or as well as something more expensive like a CHI flat iron). I spent about thirty dollars for this flat iron online which is a great price for one, but because it is not such great quality, I am definitely looking to replace it with a better one soon.

I’ll start with the reason why I do not suggest purchasing this

flat iron. I do realize that all flat irons are damaging to the hair because they apply heat, but some flat irons are relatively more damaging than others and that is the main reason that I dislike this particular flat iron. My biggest issue with it is that it snags my hair every so often. What I mean by this is that my hair will get caught in the sides of the flat iron so that when I try to pull it from root to tip, some of my hair gets yanked out completely. It is literally pulling some of my hair out each time I go to straighten it.

I do like the fact that it has variable heat settings, but I don’t like not knowing what temperature each setting is. Basically, you are able to choose a heat level between 15 and 30, but there is no indication of the corresponding temperature. All I know is that when I want high heat, I should choose 30. Another thing that I like is that the flat iron gives off a beeping sound to let you know when it is done fully heating up. It also heats up relatively fast which is important for someone who likes to get ready quickly like me.

As for the actual straightening process, this flat iron does a good job of getting my hair straight. It does what it’s supposed to, but another thing that I dislike is that it leaves my hair feeling more crunchy and fried. Even though the plates are ceramic, it doesn’t leave my hair feeling smooth. Whenever I use something like a CHI flat iron, my ...

• Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron
      hair gets straight but also feels relatively smooth. With this Remington flat iron, I don’t get that smoothness. I get straight hair, but the feel of it is more rough and fried than sleek and smooth. The reason why this flat iron isn’t as great as others I have tried is because I have to go over each section of hair at least four to five times before my hair is truly straight and completely free of frizz (versus one or two times with a better quality flat iron).

I do not recommend this Remington flat iron. It doesn’t really eliminate the process of blow drying your hair unless you are willing to sacrifice the health of your hair. I’m certainly not willing to do that so I only use this on hair that is already dry. Even so,

this doesn’t straighten my hair as fast as other flat irons and it is slightly more damaging than other flat irons so I will definitely be investing in a more expensive ceramic flat iron in the future.

The whole reason I went for this flat iron was because it’s one of those “Wet to Straight” heat styling tools that you can use on wet hair to essentially skip the blow drying process. I tried using it that way and it seriously freaked me out. Have you ever heard a pan sizzling? That is the sound that putting this flat iron on my wet hair made. It literally sounded (and smelt) like my hair was being burnt off. It was so scary that I stopped after straightening just one piece of hair and instead used a blow dryer to deal with the rest.

lsullyvan says :

I too, had hoped for this flat iron to be so much more than it is. I was able to get it on sale for under thirty dollars, but it caused breakage and did not do what it said.

nitakb says :

Any flat iron that is made to be used on wet hair should be avoided. Because of the “sizzinling and pan frying effect.” I don’t think I want to hear my hair cracking and popping.

It is always better to start with dry hair, that is protected with some kind heat protectant, serum, or spray. I used to use a iron made for wet hair and I experienced nothing but breakage, and didn’t deliver the kind of straightness I was aiming for.

Araj says :

re : The Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron gets a rating of 5 out of 10 in my opinion
The iron burns the makes hair go from wet to dry but it also burns the hair and makes it finer from time to time. Coloured hair are already very damaged hence id not advise people with coloured hair to use this straightener. Remington is such a trusted brand and their shine straightener is much better in comparison to this, it leave the hair shiny and less damaged.

• To Buy or Not to Buy
  • - I've had this product before. I completely agree with the review, it is terrible ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120081589080531/k2311a0820/8.20.12