Supercut Poway, CA  » Business  »
2.5
13315 County Highway S4 Poway, CA 92064
  • Because most of the haircuts I have gotten, regardless of price, have been hit or miss, I decided to give Supercuts a try - at least it would be cheap
  • My experience was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a haircut before
  • But, I know they are possible because I have had a haircut before that looked great
  • Early on in the haircut, I mentioned that I like to have the haircut minimally because it is thick and can look rather chunky when too much is cut off
  • The bottom line is - if you go to this Supercuts location, avoid Holly Ann at all costs

• by beantime

I was anxious as I drove to this Supercuts for my first haircut after moving to California. I had never been to a Supercuts before, but had heard they were “hit or miss,” especially for long haired women like myself. Because most of the haircuts I have gotten, regardless of price, have been hit or miss, I decided to give Supercuts a try - at least it would be cheap!

I had already heard that a Supercuts haircut can add up, since they charge extra to shampoo your hair and to blow dry it at the end, so I went in intending to ask for a haircut only, with spray bottle rather than shampoo/water.

My experience was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a haircut before. However, I want to make clear that this due entirely to the stylist that

did my hair, not to the Supercuts store itself. Her name was Holly Ann, and she is by far the worst person I have ever had to deal with in customer service. I couldn’t even believe how she was treating me. Throughout the haircut, she was argumentative about everything I described that I wanted for my hair. Rather than working with me to figure out what I wanted, she shot down all my ideas as if they were impossible. But, I know they are possible because I have had a haircut before that looked great! Of course, I may not have been describing what I wanted perfectly, but she absolutely made no effort to work with me on figuring it out, and tried to make me feel stupid instead.

Early on in the haircut, I mentioned that I like to have the haircut minimally because ...

• it is thick and can look rather chunky when too much is cut off. At one point I was worried about the way she was razor cutting my hair and mentioned my concern again to her. Later in the haircut, she reference this as me “freaking out” about what she was doing - I couldn’t even believe it, especially since I was far from freaking out! Even if a customer does freak out, you don’t just say that!

Holly Ann was also very rough with my hair, combing it straight up while dry without being gentle. She ignored my flinches the entire time, and never checked with me to see if it was hurting or to apologize. She acted like she was trying to get the haircut done in 5 minutes or less. It is not the worst haircut I’ve ever had, but it’s really

not great either. It didn’t have a chance to be great, because I wasn’t able to voice the things I wanted to a receptive hairstylist.

ONLY because of the manager’s response to the complaint I filed on the Supercuts website, am I giving this Supercuts a 5. The manager responded promptly by email, thanking me for the specific information and saying it was useful in order for them to work with the offending employee. She also sent a gift certificate in the mail for a free haircut at another Supercuts location, in an effort to keep my business.

The bottom line is - if you go to this Supercuts location, avoid Holly Ann at all costs. Other than that, the prices at Supercuts really can’t be beat, so give it a chance. Just remember that it is hit or miss, and the misses can be pretty bad.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4120081589050531/k2311a0820/8.20.12