Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick gets a rating of 6 out of 10 in my opinion
  • Though I don't really tend to go for products like this, it is very convenient to have eye shadows that can be applied without a brush, so I decided to try this out
  • What I found is that the darker shade of each stick showed up really well on my skin whereas the lighter shade on the stick was kind of pitiful in how sheer it was
  • I like that you do not have to sharpen these like typical eye pencils

• by jreviews

The Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick gets a rating of 6 out of 10 in my opinion. It is a new product from Revlon and I tend to purchase and love every Revlon product that I can get my hands on. It’s basically just eye shadow in stick form. Though I don’t really tend to go for products like this, it is very convenient to have eye shadows that can be applied without a brush, so I decided to try this out.

The stick is dual sided and one end is kind of blunt and rounded while the other has a sharper tip. The colors on each end are different (so you get two colors in each stick). I purchased Flare and Smolder for about six dollars each.

I have to be completely honest here when I say that “Smolder” is downright ugly. It’s got this bright orange shade with way too much shimmer in it. The deeper green/grey shade is wonderful for a smoky eye but the orange is absolutely terrible. “Flare” is just so-so in my opinion. The deeper purple is absolutely beautiful. The lavender would be a pretty shade if it actually showed up at all once applied the skin. This is what brings me to my next point. I can’t give this shadow stick great marks as far as pigmentation goes. What I found is that the darker shade of each stick showed up really well on my skin whereas the lighter shade on the stick was kind of pitiful in ...

• how sheer it was. This was the case particularly with “Flare.” The lighter lavender shade was barely visible even when I went back and forth with the stick several times to try to deposit more color. No matter how much I swiped this on, I couldn’t get it to show up true to the color that it is on the stick itself. That was incredibly frustrating.

I like that you do not have to sharpen these like typical eye pencils! It makes using them so much easier. All you do is twist them up (sort of like a mechanical pencil). I also like that these sticks have a really creamy feel to them. When I use them to “draw” on my eyes or apply color, they don’t tug

at my skin.

Another thing that I do not like is that the sharper end of the stick isn’t really fine enough to be used as a liner. I wanted to be able to use these either as eye shadow or liner, but because the stick is kind of chubby, it is impossible to use as a liner without getting a really messy result.

While I would normally purchase a few of the other shadow sticks to see if I like the shades and the pigmentation, I was just not that impressed by the two that I have already tried and I can’t say that I recommend these (when Revlon offers so much prettier shades with better pigmentation in eye shadow palettes rather than in stick form).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120081588990531/k2311a0820/8.20.12