Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub by The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • Whilst perusing their website I came across Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub which sounded deliciously enticing and as it was on offer at £6 I decided to try it out
  • The scrub itself may look and small wonderful though I found using it slightly problematic at first due to it's runny consistency
  • I found a very small amount applied to certain areas then the process repeated has given me the best results

• by TickTock

I recently became a fan of the Body Shop again after many years when I discovered they had an impressive and easy to navigate website. I shopped at the Body Shop almost exclusively for toiletries and beauty items in my younger years as I worked within a stones throw distance from them, then after moving jobs found I lost touch with the delights of this wonderful store until around 6 months ago when I started shopping from them online. I am a big fan of just about all of their ranges, especially their body butters, but had not tried their body scrubs until recently.

Whilst perusing their website I came across Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub which sounded deliciously enticing and as it was on offer at £6 I decided to try it out.

The body scrub comes

presented in a colourful circular disc style tub which comes in one size of 200ml. The lid is easy to remove being a screw top and once removed I was met with a beautiful and stunning grapefruit aroma which emanated from within and matched the grapefruit etching on the packaging. The scrub has such a rich, zesty and natural aroma and doesn’t have an ounce of artificialness which added more to the enjoyment of using this product as I am not a fan of fake smelling beauty products as I feel it cheapens them somewhat.

The scrub itself may look and small wonderful though I found using it slightly problematic at first due to it’s runny consistency. Despite the fact the grains were quite large they didn’t feel too harsh against my skin though the runny texture ...

• made it hard to actually apply the product without it falling off from my skin. I found a very small amount applied to certain areas then the process repeated has given me the best results..so is it worth recommending?

The body scrub smells beautiful and is ideal for using about 2 to 3 times a week and due to it’s refreshing fragrance it is a very uplifting, especially if used first thing in the morning. The grains are quite large but strangely soft against my skin and don’t scratch it like some body scrubs have a tendency to do. The body scrub is easy to use and once I got myself into a routine of using small amounts I found it seemed to instantly transform my rough skin - particularly on

my knees and elbows - and left softness in it’s wake. It’s very easy to rinse away afterwards and a quick rinse in the shower provided me with smooth skin and no left over product so it’s certainly easy to use.

The normal RRP is a little bit too high for my liking though, at £12.50 normally I feel this is quite steep and I’m not sure I will purchase this again at it’s usual price. If it is on offer in the sale again I will most certainly be buying it as it’s one of the best body scrubs I have used in a long time. It smells lovely and authentic, isn’t harsh, softens the skin and hasn’t caused me any soreness after using so apart from the high price it gets the thumbs up from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114081588630631/k2311a0814/8.14.12