Zzzquil Nighttime Sleep Aid  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I purchased the liquid formulation (rather than the liqui-caps) and one bottle cost me about eight dollars at my local Walgreen’s
  • I think that the makers of Nyquil probably caught on to the fact that a lot of people were going out and buying Nyquil to get some sleep and this probably explains why they decided to make a similar product purely dedicated to helping people get sleep
  • I was definitely excited when I started seeing all of those Zzzquil commercials on television so I went out to buy this immediately
  • I’ve taken sleeping pills before and what I typically experience with those is that it is impossible for me to stay awake because my eyes get heavy and I just start to drift off
  • I still have yet to find someone who has found this product to be effective so I can’t say that I recommend it for someone dealing with sleeplessness

• by jreviews

The ZZZquil Over the Counter Nighttime Sleep-Aid gets a rating of 1 out of 10 from me. It tastes absolutely disgusting and more importantly, it doesn’t work. It hasn’t worked for me and I have a friend who told me that the same was true for her as well. I’ve used up the entire bottle (for roughly two weeks) and have not gotten the results promised on the bottle. I’m honestly just going to go back to purchasing Nyquil when I want to get a good night’s sleep even when I don’t have a cold because Zzzquil has been completely worthless.

at my local Walgreen’s. I was initially very excited about this product because I suffer from sleeplessness very often and I was one of those people who would go out and buy Nyquil even when I didn’t have a cold just because it makes you drowsy. I think that the makers of Nyquil probably caught on to the fact that a lot of people were going out and buying Nyquil to get some sleep and this probably explains why they decided to make a similar product purely dedicated to helping people get sleep. I was definitely excited when I started seeing all of those Zzzquil commercials on television so I went out to buy this immediately.

The first night that I tried it, it didn’t work. The second night, the same thing. I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t doing anything wrong so I varied the time that I took the dose. I try to get to sleep by midnight so I tried taking it at 11 PM to give it a full hour to work. This didn’t help. Over the course of two weeks I even tried taking it as early as 9 PM and I still never got that drowsy feeling. I’ve taken sleeping pills before and what I typically experience with those is that it is impossible for me to stay awake because my eyes get heavy and I just ...

• Zzzquil Nighttime Sleep Aid
      start to drift off. I was expecting that same feeling from Zzzquil but it never came. I never lost energy or felt sleepy or anything. I even tried listening to calming music and reading a book, activities that tend to make me drowsy anyway. Nothing helped. I still experienced sleeplessness.

Another thing to mention is that the “warming berry flavor” that they tout on the bottle is disgusting. I didn’t expect it to taste good because most medicines do not, but it was yucky. It does feel warm going down the throat, but I didn’t get that “berry” taste from it, just a sickly sweet candy taste that made me want to gag.

I also have to gripe

about the price. If I were someone who would have to use a product like this consistently, I wouldn’t want to have to shell out almost ten bucks each time I needed a bottle of this. That would be a lot of money just to get some sleep every now and then.

As to whether this product is “habit forming,” I cannot say. I definitely am not addicted to it by any means because it hasn’t worked for me (and trust me, I do not intend to repurchase it). I still have yet to find someone who has found this product to be effective so I can’t say that I recommend it for someone dealing with sleeplessness.

Barbie says :

re : I purchased the liquid formulation (rather than the liqui-caps) and one bottle cost me about eight dollars at my local Walgreen’s
Well the fact that I am writing this [at] 423am after taking the liquid product [at] 12am……I have awake for 1he now and took 2 large swallows when I first woke up with no results…..I would like to also state that have also purchased the gel pills which had no affect…..it’s is very sad that u people can just sell products that don’t work…..[at]least I know I won’t b taken in by u again

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2614081588590631/k2311a0814/8.14.12