Sanctuary Spa in Tradition, Port Saint Lucie  » Business  »
10799 Sw Tradition Square - Port St. Lucie, Fl 34987
  • I was a little nervous, but she made the whole experience very comfortable after the first few minutes because we were talking about our camping experiences
  • And she had no problem lowering the pressure on those areas once I told her about the pain
  • She helped me relax and helped me pick out the best color red in the rather large collection of nail polishes they had available to pick from
  • In all, I was very impressed with the look of the salon

• by sarahdragon26

Salons existed everywhere nowadays, but I have never been to one that has the full treatments like massages and such. Mostly, I just get my hair cut at places that call themselves salons. I had heard about the Sanctuary Spa in Tradition before because they are right next to Publix and that is where I purchase all my meat products, but I had never had any desires to really visit the salon. That all changed when my husband purchased the salon’s Sanctuary Retreat package.

The package included a European Facial, Mediterranean Salt Scrub, Swedish massage, Pedicure, and Manicure with Champagne and Chocolate Covered Strawberries. When I arrived, all of the ladies who worked there were all telling me how rare it was that someone would get the full spa treatment that takes up to 4 hours to do everything in the package. I was told it was very expensive, but as a promise to my husband, I have not looked up the price for the whole package since it was a birthday gift.

The European Facial was very different. Like I said, I’ve never had the spa treatment before and I don’t use expensive or fancy

products on my face so I had no idea whether I had sensitive skin or not. According to the facial therapist who was treating my face, I do have sensitive skin, due to all the time I spend outside in the sun or my outdoor activities. She did this test on my skin to make sure she used the right products which didn’t harm or burn my skin. I was a little nervous, but she made the whole experience very comfortable after the first few minutes because we were talking about our camping experiences. She helped me relax a great deal, which allowed me to enjoy the treatment. She rubbed different lotions into my hands and fingers before placing heating pads over them. Don’t really know why she did that, but it felt really good. She also put two different facial creams on my face and told me exactly what she was doing with the different products, so I was comfortable but also aware of what she was doing so I could do it myself, if I wanted to. Afterwards, I did notice my face did feel smoother.

The Swedish massage and the Body Salt Scrub ...

• were done one right after the other. The massage was a little rough for the therapist dug her fingers into my muscles with deep pressures. It felt good on my neck and back, but my arms and legs were screaming in pain. And she had no problem lowering the pressure on those areas once I told her about the pain. She made sure to keep to asking me about my comfort levels and where she needed use more pressure or less. While the massage was relaxing, it was the salt scrub that made me feel a little uncomfortable. I had to wear disposable underwater for the treatment as she rubbed salt and hot water into my skin. Afterwards, they allowed me to shower off the salt, making me feel better because the salt was starting to get itchy. But I did notice my skin was smoother. When I asked the therapist about it, she said that the salt was used to scrub away any dead or dry skin. Which made sense why my skin felt smoother.

The manicure and pedicure were a little uncomfortable for me because I’m not a fan of people touching my

hands or my feet, but the whole process felt really good. The girl doing both treatments was very sweet and very talkative. She helped me relax and helped me pick out the best color red in the rather large collection of nail polishes they had available to pick from. I have heard horror stories of women getting their finger and toe nails done and have it be a very painful experience. It wasn’t bad for me at all. A little uncomfortable while she cleaned the skin out of the sides of my nails, but nothing as bad as the stories I’ve heard. And it was during this treatment that I got the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Both were great. I felt like I was being treated like a VIP.

In all, I was very impressed with the look of the salon. From the relaxing music being played overhead and the beige colored designs of the interior to the staff themselves. Everyone was very friendly, had no problems answering questions, and very professional. I will be returning to Sanctuary Spa in Tradition in the future to experience another one of their spa treatments, just maybe not the Retreat package.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4114081588560631/k2311a0814/8.14.12