Top Paw Oatmeal Baking Soda Shampoo for Dogs  » Pets  »
  • If you have a dog with sensitive skin, I absolutely recommend this shampoo
  • It was kind of silly to use a flea shampoo that cost almost double what regular shampoo bought when the fleas were long dead, so this was our favorite shampoo to alleviate her dry and itchy skin
  • I like that you can really extend the length of use thanks to how little it takes to lather up
  • The bottle recommends that you leave it on for 5 minutes, which I think you really need to do to get the lasting, soothing effect of the shampoo
  • It will definitely clean your dog and leave them shiny without the 5 minutes of setting the shampoo, but if they have sensitive skin, they will probably be itching again in a few days

• by Melanie Noell

This is my top choice for regular shampoo when bathing my dogs. My jack russell had sensitive skin which got me turned onto oatmeal products, but even after she passed, I still use this shampoo on my other dogs.

If you have a dog with sensitive skin, I absolutely recommend this shampoo. I have used several sensitive skin formulas, and this one has always been my favorite. My jack russell used to get terribly itchy skin and break out in patches of red and bumps. In the summer, we knew it was her flea allergy, so we used an oatmeal flea preventative shampoo. In the winter, her skin would get incredibly dry and red and itchy, sometimes from food allergies and sometimes simply because of the weather. It was kind of

silly to use a flea shampoo that cost almost double what regular shampoo bought when the fleas were long dead, so this was our favorite shampoo to alleviate her dry and itchy skin. It would typically only take a single bath for her to feel better, and it would last for at least a week most days. There’s lots of great moisturizing ingredients that condition your dog’s fur while hydrating their itchy skin.

Whenever we washed the jack russell, she typically welcomed the soothing shampoo, which was funny since she didn’t normally like baths. The shampoo lathers up really nicely as long as you use sufficient water, and it doesn’t take a whole lot to get it to lather up. I like that you can really extend the length of use thanks to how little it takes to lather up. Because this shampoo is formulated for sensitive skin, it’s relatively gentle and can be used frequently AND you can get it around their face, unlike flea shampoos. I wouldn’t recommend purposely getting it too close to your dog’s eyes, but it is quite gentle, and I often washed parts of her head that weren’t too close to the eyes without worries of it hurting her. The bottle recommends that you leave it on for 5 minutes, which I think you really need to do to get the lasting, soothing effect of the shampoo. It will definitely clean your dog and leave them shiny without the 5 minutes of setting the shampoo, but if they have sensitive skin, they will probably ...

• Top Paw Oatmeal Baking Soda Shampoo for Dogs
      be itching again in a few days. I always found that I had much better luck with her skin being smooth and alleviated of itching when I left the shampoo on! When you wash it off, your dog will still smell a bit like the shampoo for at least a day, maybe longer. It’s not a bad smell, though it’s not the greatest. It’s a clean smell, kind of like soap and linens. I guess my dog kind of smelled like fresh laundry after she got her bath, which isn’t too bad!

Anyway, I still use this shampoo for my other dogs because I like it. My one dog will get the occasional itchy patch, and I like knowing I can wash him with this shampoo without causing any problems. It

leaves their fur feeling really soft and shiny, so they look and feel great afterwards, too. And of course it does a good job getting them clean - they always look so much fresher and whiter (well, at least my white dog does!) after getting a bath with this shampoo. It’s about $8 for 17oz at PetSmart, and it comes in a couple of sizes. They have an enormous bottle which is probably a better value, but I usually stick with the medium sized bottle - it lasts for quite a while, so it’s a very good value.

Overall, this is a great conditioning shampoo for any dog, but it is particularly great for dogs with dry or itchy skin. For a regular dog shampoo, I highly recommend this clean smelling oatmeal shampoo!

Carley says :

My family and I have had our dog for a couple years now, and have only used this type of shampoo whenever we wanted to give him a bath instead of taking him to the beauty shop. I definitely recommend this type of shampoo to use on your dogs as it is good for their skin, makes them smell very good, and when he is completely dry his coat is so nice and smooth petting him feels so nice on the hands, and it does not feel greasy what-so-ever. Very good product and useful for cleaning are loving furry friends.

Lucy says :

My question was can one use this shampoo for a cat. Unless I missed it, I did not see any
comments on this subject. Can anyone help? The shampoo is some I had for my dog some time ago and hate to throw it out if it can be used on the cat. Thank you.

Ghina Ahms says :

Hi We have three pet cats in the house. We always buy products specifically used for our cats. As to your question regarding this dog shampoo, please check the label for its content. If it has tea tree oil or tar, then please don’t use it for the cats. They have active ingredients that can be toxic for cats. I think it would be better to buy products from the Vet. It may be more pricey but you wouldn’t want to put your pets’ life in danger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2910081588400831/k2311a0810/8.10.12