Direct Pizza Company, Canterbury, Kent UK  » Restaurants  »
109 Northgate, Canterbury CT1 1BH U.K.
  • Which duly impressed the household as we were all starving
  • I have to say, possibly some of the best I've tasted on take-out pizza, even, in my opinion, better than what you would get from Pizza Hut, Domino's or other common chains
  • It had a delicious tangy, deep flavour which, I felt, complimented the yeasty, fresh flavour of the crust
  • And for £3.99 of the total cost was, I thought, a rip off
  • So it was very, very good value for money and I would heartily recommend anyone wanting good, tasty pizza to give the place a try

• by Mazdaron

I moved to the area recently and, as is common during moves, had no food in the house and was too tired to go out on a lengthy shopping trip to purchase victuals. My house mate recommended the take-out to me and so I went ahead and ordered a Large Meat Platter thick crust pizza. I had a flier from the company on me, which contained a few vouchers and deals. This particular deal was buy one get one free on any pizza, so my husband came in on the deal and we ordered a “BBQ Pizza” with a tomato base instead of a BBQ sauce one.

We added an order of cheesy garlic bread to go with it and in total it came to £18.74.

Now to start with the most important aspect, delivery time. It was extremely prompt! They gave us a time of 45 minutes for delivery, in fact it took them more like 20 minutes. Which duly impressed the household as we were all starving. The delivery man was friendly, polite and well turned out so I didn’t feel like I was getting a pizza from a company that had lax hygiene.

The large pizzas were an impressive size, laden with cheese and meat pieces. Yes, the meat was poor quality, but ...

• the sauces on the pizzas were excellent. I have to say, possibly some of the best I’ve tasted on take-out pizza, even, in my opinion, better than what you would get from Pizza Hut, Domino’s or other common chains. It had a delicious tangy, deep flavour which, I felt, complimented the yeasty, fresh flavour of the crust. The pizzas arrived piping hot too, which gave me the impression that the pizza service is an extremely efficient one.

Now to the garlic bread, and I’m afraid this is where I have to deduct a few points from the Direct Pizza Company, because it wasn’t very good. Yes, the base

was tasty, the cheese was nice enough, but there was no really strong garlic flavour to highlight any of that and it fell flat on its face. It tasted of plain bread with a little cheese on top. And for £3.99 of the total cost was, I thought, a rip off.

Having said that, in total the pizzas and garlic bread fed three very hungry people. We had enough left over to feed a fourth hungry person at least on the pizzas alone! So it was very, very good value for money and I would heartily recommend anyone wanting good, tasty pizza to give the place a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 79081588340731/k2311a089/8.9.12