The Better Chip Jalapeno and Sea Salt Tortilla Chips 2 oz snack size  » Food  »
  • I recently noticed the cafeteria where I work had started to offer more healthy options as side items
  • Specifically, I found The Better Chip Jalapeno and Sea Salt Tortilla Chips
  • I love jalapeno flavored chips but until now all that was offered were full fat potato chips
  • Otherwise, I highly recommend these tortilla chips to anyone looking for something different compared to the bland baked tortilla chips offered everywhere else

• by cmurray081981

I recently noticed the cafeteria where I work had started to offer more healthy options as side items. Specifically, I found The Better Chip Jalapeno and Sea Salt Tortilla Chips. I love jalapeno flavored chips but until now all that was offered were full fat potato chips. These are also conveniently packaged in 2 ounce service sizes, which appear to be slightly larger than the traditional Baked Lays single serving package of chips.

These chips are very delicious. They are made from real, fresh jalapenos and the spiciness is evident in each chip. Best of all,

they only have 130 calories, 6 grams of fat and 16 carbs in one single serving package, meaning they are perfect for those who are health conscious and watching their calorie and fat intake. I started off getting these as an accompaniment to a sandwich, but soon found eating both left me feeling too full after lunch. Since then, I’ve continued to purchase them but now I eat them as a midafternoon snack in preparation for my usual evening workouts. I’ve found if I don’t have anything between noon and 7 pm when I usually ...

• eat dinner, I get weak and tired and can’t complete an effective workout. I can snack on a bag of these around 4 pm and they leave me satisfied up until dinnertime and provide me with just enough energy to work out. At only 3 weight watchers points plus values, they are a perfect low points snack. I love that these chips have the flavor built right into them and they are tasty on their own or as an accompaniment to salsa or guacamole.

My only complaint is that the heat from the jalapenos varies

from bag to bag due to using natural and fresh ingredients. I love a little bit of heat, but the first bag I tried was significantly hotter than the rest. This doesn’t seem to be a typical occurrence, and there is a warning listed right on the bag about this. However, if you don’t like a lot of heat you may not want to chance getting a very hot bag of chips. Otherwise, I highly recommend these tortilla chips to anyone looking for something different compared to the bland baked tortilla chips offered everywhere else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279081588260731/k2311a089/8.9.12