Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats in Chicken Flavor  » Pets  »
  • After having a few health scares with my senior diabetic cat over the years, I was also informed that she had a minor heart issue and needed to start taking pills daily
  • They change administering medicine from a stressful and upsetting encounter for both pet and owner into an easy and pleasant experience
  • I am unable to find them at Target stores and so I dislike that I have to make a special trip to a pet store, and they do cost $6 compared to $3 or less for regular treats but they are absolutely worth it if you need them
  • I highly recommend these pill pockets to any cat owner who needs to administer medicine in pill format

• by cmurray081981

After having a few health scares with my senior diabetic cat over the years, I was also informed that she had a minor heart issue and needed to start taking pills daily. The pills are very small but most cat owners know that cats have an uncanny ability to sense pills and eat around them. Luckily, most of her teeth had been pulled and she did not seem to have such a keen sense for detecting the pills any longer as long as they were enclosed in a pill pocket.

The pill pockets can work very well for those with cats who will scarf down treats. It’s disguised as such and is made of a soft, flexible gummy material pre formed into a pouch. You can use the pockets with all size of pills. All you need to do is insert the pill inside the pocket of the treat and mold it around the pill to make it indistinguishable, and then feed it to your pet. These pill pockets were actually recommended to me by my vet and I’m very glad I tried them. They change administering medicine from a stressful and upsetting encounter for both pet and owner into an easy and pleasant experience.

Though I no longer need to administer the pills to my cat I do have some leftover pockets. I still do have to administer other medications in injection format, but now instead of using a traditional crunchy treat that she has issues eating, I break apart the pill pockets and give those to her instead as a reward after receiving her shot. They turn out ...

• Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats in Chicken Flavor
      to still be useful after all. Even my other cat who is not sick or needs medication loves the taste of these pill pockets. They can be given as treats to any cat, especially those who have dental issues and have problems chewing.

them. I now break apart one pocket into several pieces so they last a bit longer to save some time and money. If you use very small pills you could also do the same, but you might risk that the cat will detect the medicine. I highly recommend these pill pockets to any cat owner who needs to administer medicine in pill format. They will save a lot of time and stress in the long run, especially if you have a lot of difficulty pilling your cat as many cat owners do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 299081588240731/k2311a089/8.9.12