Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Skin Primer
0.5
  • The Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Skin Primer gets a rating of only 1 out of 10 in my opinion
  • I had been very curious to see if the “Smart Shade” technology that Almay touts was actually effective but unfortunately, I absolutely hated this product
  • I paid about twelve dollars for it at my local Ulta store
  • I like primers that absorb into the skin quickly and blends well
  • Unfortunately, I have huge pores and with most other primers, I notice that they appear much smaller

• by jreviews

The Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Skin Primer gets a rating of only 1 out of 10 in my opinion. I had been very curious to see if the “Smart Shade” technology that Almay touts was actually effective but unfortunately, I absolutely hated this product. I paid about twelve dollars for it at my local Ulta store. I have tried out a ton of different primers and I give this one such a harsh low rating because it has truly been the worst.

What it was supposed to do is “color correct” my skin which basically just means evening it

out. I have a lot of skin imperfections, in particular a few darker spots on my forehead. It is also a primer so it’s supposed to get my skin ready for the makeup that I apply after it (e.g. foundation, powder, etc.). When I first pumped this product onto my hand, I was incredibly skeptical to the point that I did not even want to try it because the cream is green and purple. Every primer I have ever used in the past has been either white or clear so this really freaked me out quite a bit.

The deal

behind the “Smart Shade” technology is that it is supposed to adjust from being green/purple to being exactly my skin shade. It did not do this. Completely defeating the purpose of this product, instead of becoming my perfect shade, it became a disgusting pale green color. After really applying pressure with my fingers to basically force this to absorb into my skin, it did disappear but left a slight greenish cast behind. I was very annoyed that it took so long to get the primer to disappear into my skin. I like primers that absorb into the skin quickly and ...

• Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Skin Primer
      blends well.

I did not notice any evening of my skin tone at all (only the ugly green color). All of the darker spots on my forehead were still just as visible post-application. I also did not see any pore minimization whatsoever. Unfortunately, I have huge pores and with most other primers, I notice that they appear much smaller. This primer didn’t even do that for me.

The only thing that this product did well is moisturize my skin, but I’ve used less expensive primers and moisturizers that have delivered the same result. Other failed claims include the promise that this

brightens the skin. I did not notice any brightening effects at all and even asked my mother to comment on whether she thought it did anything for my skin (and she said no). While this primer did do the job of preparing my skin for the liquid foundation that I applied after, it didn’t really impress me.

I fully intend to take this back to Ulta to get my money back. Though very hydrating, it was ultimately ineffective. Do not waste your time, money, or energy trying the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Skin Primer out. It really is not worth the money!

Reported prices :
9.99 USDtarget.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317081587960631/k2311a087/8.7.12