Rite Aid Naproxen Sodium 220mg Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • I use these mostly for cramps around my menstrual cycle since naproxen sodium is an anti-inflammatory,, and I think this generic brand is just as good as the Aleve that I have typically relied on
  • I would definitely recommend these over Aleve if you have an aversion to swallowing pills
  • The one problem I do have with taking these pills is that they are a bit dry on the outside, so it's difficult to take without water
  • This medicine acts relatively fast, within about 20-30 minutes, with the full effects of it occurring within 45 minutes in my experience

• by Melanie Noell

I was in a rush one day when I was picking up some Aleve from the drug store, and I accidentally picked up the wrong package: these Rite Aid Naproxen Sodium tablets. I use these mostly for cramps around my menstrual cycle since naproxen sodium is an anti-inflammatory,, and I think this generic brand is just as good as the Aleve that I have typically relied on.

I was first introduced to naproxen sodium by my doctor who prescribed a prescription strength pill (about 400mg per pill) to help alleviate menstrual cramps. When I began going to a gynecologist, she told me that I could use Aleve instead of buying the prescription pills because it was the same

active ingredient at a lower dose. This alone was a great convenience, so I started regularly buying Aleve for that time of month. Although I usually take one more than recommended on my worst days, they do seem to alleviate the pain quite well. When I picked up these, I had already opened them and decided to give them a try. I honestly can not tell any difference in the way these work from the Aleve or my old prescription medicine.

The dosage in this pill is the same as Aleve, and I don’t really notice any difference other than the price, which is typically about $1-$2 less than the brand name Aleve. The pill themselves are very comparable to the little blue pills that Aleve has, but I actually think Rite-Aid’s naproxen sodium pills are a little bit smaller and thus easier to swallow. I would definitely recommend these over Aleve if you have an aversion to swallowing pills! The one problem I do have with taking these pills is that they are a bit dry on the outside, so it’s difficult to take without water. However, this is true of Aleve as well, so I guess it’s just something you must put up with if you are going to take naproxen sodium.

This medicine acts relatively fast, within about 20-30 minutes, with the full effects of it occurring within 45 minutes in my ...

• Rite Aid Naproxen Sodium 220mg Tablets
      experience. Depending on how frequently you take these pills (and other pills) and the type of pain you are using them for will determine how much of an effect you will feel after one pill. The dosage suggests that you only take one pill every 8-12, with the exception of the first dosage being 2 pills. It also advises against taking more than 2 pills in a 24 hour period, which is kind of silly if you take the 2 pills on the first dose. Unless the pain is mild, I think you will typically need a third pill somewhere in that 24 hours, but if you only use it infrequently, you shouldn’t have much of a
      problem. This pill, just like Aleve, carries some heavy side effects like causing stomach bleeding which means you really should use the lowest dose possible and use it as infrequently as possible. However, with muscle pains and such, naproxen sodium beats out almost any other over the counter pain reliever, and this Rite Aid brand does it for less than Aleve.

Anyone who takes Aleve, I would recommend that they check out the Rite Aid brand of naproxen sodium. It does the exact same thing for cheaper AND the pills are easier to swallow. I don’t recommend it as the go-to medicine for fever reduction, but this is definitely my top pick for alleviating cramps and muscle inflammation pain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 266081587840631/k2311a086/8.6.12