Project X (movie)
  • This is quite interesting since most people at his high school had no idea who he was the day before
  • I think that one of the reasons why this movie stands out is because it manages to come off as original even though the plot isn’t the most original
  • There were several scenes that I enjoyed the most throughout each of the three parts
  • For example, one of my favourite scenes that occurred before the party had begun was when the boys decided to have some drugs at the party and they stole the drug dealer’s gnome as collateral and because they thought it would be fun

• by Redtape

Project X” is one of the most exciting movies I’ve watched since the beginning of the summer. Funny enough, even though I’ve been more interested in action movies, this is more along the lines of teenage and college humour. In fact, the movie was actually one of those teen movies about house parties that I would generally find hard to watch.

The movie is essentially about an unpopular teen’s birthday party that gets so out of control that the party has literally made history. At first it starts out where it’s supposed to be the biggest party that people at his high school has ever seen, but since he and his friends advertised so much, and people who

were planning on attending told other people, thousands of people he doesn’t even know attends. This is quite interesting since most people at his high school had no idea who he was the day before.

I think that one of the reasons why this movie stands out is because it manages to come off as original even though the plot isn’t the most original. For example, if you remember the movie “The Blair Witch Project”, where the entire movie was filmed from the point of view of one of the teenagers using a handheld camera, the same thing was done here. In the movie, the birthday boy’s best friend had gotten another teenager to film the entire process

of planning and preparing for what was supposed to be the biggest party of all time, as well as the party itself and the aftermath. Hence, the movie is divided up into three parts. This is of course similar to the way the movie was filmed, which is before the party, during and after.

There were several scenes that I enjoyed the most throughout each of the three parts. For example, one of my favourite scenes that occurred before the party had begun was when the boys decided to have some drugs at the party and they stole the drug dealer’s gnome as collateral and because they thought it would be fun. Later on in the movie one ...

• Project X (movie)
      is able to see what a grave mistake this is, since the drug dealer comes back in all his fury, and they realise that the gnome was actually a hiding place for a drug that’s a little bit more expensive than a little weed.

My favourite scene during the party was not as easy to pick since I thought that there were so many of them that I liked in comparison to the footage from before and after the party. I would say it had to be somewhere between when the party got so massive, and so out of control that one of the neighbours called the police. The boys however managed to hide everyone in attendance around

the back when the police knocked at their door to make it seem like it was just a small peaceful gathering. It also could have been the scene when the party got so ridiculously out of control that a riot started, and the drug dealer came back to wreak havock and nearly burnt the neighbourhood down.

I’ve never been to a huge house party, but after watching this movie, I actually want to go to one someday no matter how old I am. This movie is so fun, that I would recommend it to people who are in the college and high school senior age group, since I think that they alone would be able to enjoy it so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116081587790631/k2311a086/8.6.12